Added to Cart
More deals you may like
You can earn and use Qantas Points at Kogan.com
PRO2 CAT6 UTP PATCH LEADS
Category 6 cable, commonly referred to as Cat-6, is a cable standard for Gigabit Ethernet and other network protocols that are backward compatible with the Category 5/5e and Category 3 cable standards. Compared with Cat-5 andCat-5e, Cat-6 features more stringent specifications for crosstalk and system noise. The cable standard provides performance of up to 250 MHz and is suitable for 10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX (Fast Ethernet), 1000BASE-T / 1000BASE-TX (Gigabit Ethernet) and 10GBASE-T (10-Gigabit Ethernet).
To maintain transmission characteristics and network integrity, it’s essential to use the correct type of patch-cord to match the installation. A network port will perform only at the level of the LOWEST-rated component in the chain.
If a Cat-5 or Cat-5E patch-cord is used in a Cat-6 system, only Cat-5 or Cat-5E specifications will be achieved for that circuit. Furthermore many manufactuers have cables that do not meet the strict requirements set outin the CAT6 certification. Pro2 cables are batch tested to maintain the high quality required to meet CAT6 certification across all lengths available.FEATURES:
- UTP CAT6 Patch Lead – Each cord has eight multi-strandconductors in 4 twisted-pair T568A color coded configuration.
- Quality cable material – Fitted with 50µª Category-6 compliant 2-row (staggered pins) plug and fully-molded strain-relief boot.
- Molded strain relief & Low profile flush moulded boots – With molded strain relief RJ45 male-to-male connectors this cable will be strong, and robust.
- Packaged in heat-sealed hang-sell bags.
- Complies with the applicable electrical transmission characteristics specified in: ISO/IEC 11801 Category 6
- Complies with the applicable electrical transmission characteristics specified in: TIA/EIA-568-B.2-1 Category 6
Category 6 Cable Standard:
- Category 6 is a standard that aims to support transmission at frequencies up to 250 MHz over 100 ohm twisted pair.
- Supports current Category 6 applications such as 100BaseTX,100BaseVG, ATM, Gigabit Ethernet and all fast Ethernet protocols.
How to distinguish a Cat 6 plug from a Cat-5 or Cat-5E plug:
To distinguish a Cat-6 plug from a Cat-5 or a Cat-5E plug, just simply look at the way the cable’s wires have been terminated at the end of the plug:
- A Cat-5 or a Cat-5E plug will ALWAYS have all eight wires in a single row
- The majority of Cat-6 plugs will have wires in two rows with four wires per row
- Some Cat-6 plugs will have wires in two rows with 6 wires in the top row and 2 wires in the bottom row
- 15mt (crossover lead not available in 15mt length)
Available in the following colours:
- UTP CAT6:
- UTP Crossover CAT6:
- Yellow / Black
Related CategoriesPrinter PaperNetwork AccessoriesSmart LocksGaming HeadsetsIn-Ear HeadphonesBattery GripsThin / Zero ClientsTabletsDesktop ComputersPower CablesI/O PCI / PCIe DevicesIP Phones / GatewaysHeadset AccessoriesVOIP AccessoriesSecurity SystemsVideo CardsApple MacBooksGraphics Tablets/StylusMedia Converters & ComponentsThin Client TerminalsPower BanksTelevisionsMobile Phone Hand SetsMonitor AccessoriesPOS / Scanning