Please contact Kogan Support via the Help Center for all warranty and product support requests.
These terms and conditions apply to Standard and Extended Warranties of products purchased from www.kogan.com.
These Terms and Conditions constitute a contract between the customer (you) Kogan HK Limited (Company Registration Number: 1659337 and ABN: 51 158 959 794) registered in Hong Kong (“Kogan”).
These terms and conditions apply to Standard and Extended Warranties of Products from www.kogan.com
Products You Order are offered and supplied by Kogan HK. Kogan HK supplies and supports all warranties relating to Products which are noted as being offered and supplied by Kogan HK ("Products").
Please note that you must keep your original product packaging in order to be eligible for our pick-up service. In the event that you do not have the original packaging, you will bear the responsibility for safely packaging your Product for transport and Kogan accepts no liability for any damage that may occur in transit.
Subject to the terms and conditions set out below, Kogan HK agrees to repair or replace the Product which it supplied to you at its own cost, in circumstances where the Product does not perform in accordance with Kogan's specifications during:
1. the Standard Care Warranty period of 12 months; or
2. the applicable Extended Warranty period, commencing on the date of delivery of the Product. Where there is no proof of delivery, this date will be assumed to be 3 business days from the date of dspatch of the Product.
The benefits provided to you by this contractual product warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies available to you under the law.
Proof of purchase (invoice or paid Order confirmation) must be provided when requesting service under the Standard or Extended Warranties.
Kogan requires any customer requesting service under the Standard or Extended Warranties to comply with directions from Kogan staff in relation to troubleshooting any issue and facilitating any repair or replacement under these Warranty Terms and Conditions.
Where Products are already faulty or damaged upon delivery, photographic evidence of the damage must be submitted to Kogan Support via the Help Center before the Product will be repaired or replaced in accordance with these terms.
Kogan reserves the right to replace the Product or relevant part with the same or equivalent Product or part, rather than repair it. Where a replacement is provided, Kogan reserves the right to replace the Product or relevant part with the same or equivalent Product or part, rather than repair it. Where a replacement is provided, Kogan will determine, in its discretion, the closest Product within the then current range of Products offered by Kogan with which to replace the faulty or damaged Product. The replacement Product may differ with the replaced Product in size and specifications, at the reasonable election of Kogan. Kogan may replace parts with refurbished parts. Replacement of the Product or a part under the Standard Care Warranty or Extended warranty does not extend or restart the Standard Care Warranty or Extended Warranty period.
If Kogan is unable to repair or replace the Product, the customer will be provided with credit for Kogan's store or may be refunded the price of the Product (at Kogan's election). This credit or refund will be for the amount of the purchase price of the Product excluding the associated Delivery Cost.
In the event that a replacement, refund, or store credit is provided as per section 6, the faulty item will become the property of Kogan.
Where Kogan authorises warranty service of a Product, the Customer will be liable to pay all freight charges for the return of their item to Kogan's nominated international repair centre in Hong Kong. The Customer accepts responsibility for insurance of all goods in transit when returning items for a warranty repair. Where a product has been assessed by an authorised Kogan repair centre and is deemed to be faulty, Kogan will, upon request, reimburse the Customer for the freight charges incurred in the return of their item. The maximum amount to be reimbursed shall not exceed the delivery charges paid for the original order.
Kogan reserves the right to determine which authorised repair centre in which country is the appropriate service location in any particular circumstance.
The Product will be at the Customer's risk while in transit to and from the Kogan Authorised Repair Centre.
Kogan may seek reimbursement of any costs incurred by Us where the Product is found to be in good working order.
Kogan reserves reasonable discretion to determine whether any Product is or is not performing in accordance with the Kogan's specifications, subject to applicable law.
The Standard and Extended Warranties are transferrable to a new owner of a Product originally purchased from www.kogan.com, provided Kogan is informed by contacting Kogan Sales via the Help Center within 7 days of the date of transfer.
Extended Warranties are available for purchase for some Products, as listed on the Website. These Extended Warranties may be purchased up to 14 days after delivery of Your Products.
Where an Extended Warranty is purchased, it will replace the 12-month Standard Care Warranty period with the extended warranty period (for example, either 3 or 5 years).
Kogan is entitled to terminate the Extended Warranty by e-mail notice to the Customer in the event that, in Kogan's opinion, the Product is used contrary to its specifications, in which case Kogan will pay a pro-rata refund for the unexpired period of the Extended Warranty less administration expenses.
To the full extent permitted by law, the Standard Care Warranty and Extended Warranty will not apply in respect of a Product:
1. If the Product has not been installed, operated, maintained or used in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions or specifications provided with the Product;
2. If the factory-applied serial number has been altered or removed from the Product;
3. To damage, malfunction or failure resulting from alterations, accident, misuse, abuse, fire, liquid spillage, mis-adjustment of customer controls, use on an incorrect voltage, power surges and dips, thunderstorm activity, force majeure, voltage supply problems, tampering or unauthorised repairs by any persons, use of defective or incompatible accessories, the operation of a computer virus of any kind, exposure to abnormally corrosive conditions or entry by any insect, vermin or foreign object in the Product;
4. To damage arising during transportation, installation or while moving the Product, or to any transportation costs of the Product or any parts thereof to and from the Customer, unless otherwise specified in these Warranty Terms and Conditions;
5. To any third-party software or hardware not contained in the Product as originally configured by the manufacturer;
6. To any incidence of defective pixels (i.e. dead or stuck pixels) that arise for LCD TVs and Digital Photo Frames, except as determined by Kogan to denote an LCD panel fault (and except as covered by the Website Terms and Conditions). For more information on stuck and dead pixels, please see our Televisions FAQs
7. To any failure, to the extent that the failure is not a failure of the Product to perform in accordance with its specifications;
8. To replacement or repair of any consumables (including batteries, projector lamps and cables), or lost parts or accessories; or
9. To service and support of any software operating system or application installed on any Product, except to assist in restoring the Product to its factory default settings.
To the full extent permitted by law:
1. Kogan will not be liable for any loss, damage or alterations to third party hardware, software, programs, data and/or information stored on any media or any part of the Product, no matter how occurring; or for any loss or damage arising from loss of use, loss of profits or revenue, or for any resulting indirect or consequential loss or damage.
2. Kogan's aggregate liability in respect of all claims under the Standard Care Warranty and Extended Warranty shall not exceed the original purchase price of the Product or, at Kogan's option, replacement of the Product with a like or similar Product.
3. Kogan excludes all other warranties, conditions, terms, representations and undertakings whether express or implied.
These Standard and Extended Warranty Terms and Conditions are governed by and must be construed according to the law of Hong Kong and the parties submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of Hong Kong.
Where You are located in Australia, Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.