2020 Million Dollar Try Competition Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions should be read in conjunction with Schedule 1 - Competition Particulars. Where Schedule 1 is referenced, the relevant word is capitalised and in Bold Text.
- Information on how to enter form part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry is open to all permanent residents of New Zealand. Strictly one original entry per person.
- Participants are required to register their original entry as directed at the Signup Location(s).
- The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Prizes cannot be transferred.
- The winner selection will take place at the Selection Time and Date at the Selection Location.
- Only one prize per winner. Only one prize per household will be awarded (as determined by the promoter). The promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity and proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the promoter.
- Prize winners are advised that Tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to the acceptance of the prize.
- Entry is only open to residents of New Zealand aged 18 years or older.
- Employees and their immediate families of Kogan Australia Pty Limited and their agencies and companies associated with the promotion are ineligible.
- All winners will be notified by e-mail and telephone provided these details are provided by the winner. The winners will have their details published on or before the Winners Publish Date at the Winners Publish Location. Each winner agrees to participate in all publicity organised by the promoter, including but not limited to, photographs and audio and/or visual recordings of the winner receiving their prize. Each winner irrevocably consents to the promoter using their likeness, name, image and/or voice in any media worldwide for an unlimited period of time without remuneration, for the purpose of promoting the competition, and promoting any products/services manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the promoter and agrees that the promoter will own copyright in any such images, photograph/s and recordings and in all material incorporating the images and/or photograph/s and recordings, including on all social media platforms.
- Prize values are the recommended retail value as provided by the supplier, or where a recommended retail value is not provided by the supplier, the price at which the products are ordinarily offered at kogan.com/nz/, and are correct at time of publishing. In the case of cash prizes, the value of the prize is equal to the value of the cash. All cash prize values are in New Zealand dollars.
- The promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law including under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
- Kogan Australia Pty Limited and its agencies and companies associated with this promotion will take no responsibility for prizes damaged in transit.
- If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition.
- The competition commences on the Competition Commencement Date and ends on the Competition End Date.
- The promoter may select secondary winner(s) as may be deemed necessary at the Secondary Selection Time and Date at the Selection Location to distribute any prizes unclaimed by that date and their details will be published at facebook.com/kogan.
- All entries become the property of the promoter. All entries will be entered into a database and the promoter may use the winners' names, email addresses, telephone numbers, for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid unless otherwise advised by the entrant.
- There are one Primary prize and 10 Secondary prizes to be won. Each prize is valued at the prize Value. Each prize is comprised of the prize Description. Collectively, the competition will be referred to by the Competition Name.
- In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
- In the event that there are multiple winners of the Primary prize, the winner who submitted their entry first will be awarded the Primary prize. If there is no winning entry for the Primary prize, the Primary prize will not be awarded.
- The promoter is the Promoter.
Schedule 1 - Competition Particulars
Promoter: Kogan Australia Pty Ltd
139 Gladstone Street, South Melbourne VIC 3205
ABN 53 152 570 351
Competition Name: Kogan.com Million Dollar Try
Signup Location(s): https://rugbymillion.co.nz/
Competition Commencement Date: Friday 10th January 2020 at 09:00 (NZDT)
Competition End Date: Friday 31st January 2020 at 17:00pm (NZDT)
Selection Time and Date: Wednesday 25th March 2020 at 12:00 (AEST)
Selection Location: Kogan Australia, 139 Gladstone Street, South Melbourne, VIC 3205
Winners Publish Date: Friday 27th March 2020.
Winners Publish Location: facebook.com/kogan
Primary prize Value: $1,000,000.00 (Value assessed on 10th January 2020).
Primary prize Description: Prize is comprised of 10 x cash prize installments of $100,000.00 paid over 60 months. Installments will be paid every six months with the first installment being paid on 13th April 2020.
Secondary prize Value: A total of $7080.10 with an individual prize value of $708.01 for each one of 10 prizes (Value assessed on 10th January 2020). Valid for 12 months.
Secondary prize Description: 10 x Kogan Mobile Extra Large 365 Day Prepay Plan Vouchers. (awarded to 10 randomly selected entrants).