Interest Free Monthly Payments
How Does It Work:
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Splitit?
Splitit is a global payment solution enabling shoppers to pay for purchases with an existing credit card by splitting the cost into interest-free monthly payments.
How does Splitit work?
Splitit requests authorization from the shopper's card company, reserving the total purchase amount from the shopper's available line of credit. Then, each month, according to the shopper's payment plan, the installment amount is collected and Splitit requests authorization for the remaining balance.
Here is an example of how the service works for a customer buying a TV totaling $1,000 in 5 installments of $200 each:
- Splitit obtains authorization from the credit card company for the full purchase amount of $1,000. This is not a charge on the card; it is simply reserving $1,000 from the shopper's line of credit.
- The credit card company then charges the shopper $200 for the first payment.
- During the second month, Splitit requests authorization for the outstanding purchase amount of $800, and charges the shopper the second installment of $200.
- This authorization and charge process continues until the full $1000 is collected–in this case, for 3 months.
Is there an application process for Splitit?
Splitit requires no application or registration. There is an instant approval by using the shoppers existing credit card level.
What fees does Splitit charge me?
You will not be charged interest and there are no hidden fees.
Which cards are supported by Splitit?
Splitit is supported by Visa and MasterCard credit cards only.
Can I pay off my installments early?
Yes, you can. This option is available. Contact customer care at email@example.com.
- At the time of purchase, you will only be charged for the first payment. The remaining balance will be held on your credit card until the final payment is made. After each monthly payment, the amount held from your available balance will be reduced to the new remaining balance (the held amount might appear as pending.)
- To be eligible, you must own a VISA or Mastercard and have the entire amount of your purchase available on your card.
- Your 0% interest will apply as long as you pay in full your card statement balance.