Added to Cart
More deals you may like
Develop your creative voice while acquiring the practical skills and confidence to use it with this new and fully updated edition of Mick Hurbis-Cherrier’s filmmaking bible, Voice & Vision. Written for independent filmmakers and film students who want a solid grounding in the tools, techniques, and processes of narrative film, this comprehensive manual covers all of the essentials while keeping artistic vision front and center. Hurbis-Cherrier walks the reader through every step of the process-from the transformation of an idea into a cinematic story, to the intricacies of promotion and distribution-and every detail in between.
Features of this book include:
- Comprehensive technical information on video production and postproduction tools, allowing filmmakers to express themselves with any camera, in any format, and on any budget
- An emphasis on the collaborative filmmaking process, including the responsibilities and creative contributions of every principal member of the crew and cast
- A focus on learning to work successfully with available resources (time, equipment, budget, personnel, etc.) in order to turn limitations into opportunities
- Updated digital filmmaking workflow breakdowns for Rec. 709 HD, Log Format, and D-Cinema productions
- Substantial coverage of the sound tools and techniques used in film production and the creative impact of postproduction sound design
- An extensive discussion of digital cinematography fundamentals, including essential lighting and exposure control tools, common gamma profiles, the use of LUTs, and the role of color grading
- Abundant examples referencing contemporary and classic films from around the world
- Indispensible information on production safety, team etiquette, and set procedures.
The third edition also features a robust companion website that includes eight award-winning example short films; interactive and high-resolution figures; downloadable raw footage; production forms and logs for preproduction, production, and postproduction; video examples that illustrate key concepts found within the book, and more.
Whether you are using it in the classroom or are looking for a comprehensive reference to learn everything you need to know about the filmmaking process, Voice & Vision delivers all of the details in an accessible and reader-friendly format.
Related CategoriesOther BooksNon-Fiction Books > Warfare & DefenceFiction Books > Fantasy FictionNon-Fiction > Crafts & HandiworkNotepaper and Stationery SetsNon-Fiction > Hobbies, Games & PuzzlesKids & Children > Picture Books & Early LearningNon-Fiction Books > ArchaeologyBargains > Non-FictionPostersFiction Books > Classic FictionFiction Books > Science FictionNon-Fiction > GardeningFiction Books > Erotic FictionNon-Fiction > Self-Help & Personal DevelopmentNon-Fiction Books > Arts & EntertainmentNon-Fiction Books > HistoryNon-Fiction > Family & HealthKids & ChildrenKids & Children > Children's Non-FictionMusicChildren & Teenagers / Young Adults > Children's FictionBooktopia Gift Guide > Mother's DayLiterary FictionWorld Music