Added to Cart
INDOCHINA: 21 Day Vietnam, Laos & Cambodia Tour Including Flights for Two
INDOCHINA: 21 Day Vietnam, Laos & Cambodia Tour Including Flights for Two
Discover the heart and soul of Southeast Asia.
$7,998Valued at $11,380
Angkor Wat. Halong Bay. Ethereal Luang Prabang. These iconic destinations that some will only hope to discover in a lifetime will be all yours to experience on this 19 day trip.
- Return International and Domestic Flights for Two
- 19 Nights of 4 Star Accommodation throughout Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia
- Amazing Experiences Including a Halong Bay Cruise, Angkor Wat, the Mekong Delta, Kuangsi Waterfalls and More!
- International and Domestic Flights with Vietnam Airlines
- 19 Nights of 4 Star Accommodation
- Daily Breakfasts
- 1 Night / 2 Days on a Halong Bay Cruise
- All Transfers and On Ground Transportation via Air-conditioned Vehicles
- Knowledgeable English Speaking Tour Guides Every Step of the Way
- All Entrance Fees as Mentioned in the Itinerary
- 2 Bottles of Mineral Water per Person per Day on Days of Transfer and Sightseeing on the Bus
- Hanoi – Chalcedony Hotel or similar
- Halong Bay – Calypso Cruise or similar
- Hue – Cherish Hue Hotel or similar
- Hoi An – Emm Hoi An Hotel or similar
- Saigon – Harmony Saigon Hotel & Spa or similar
- Phnom Penh – Himawari Hotel & Service Apartments or similar
- Siem Reap – Lotus Blanc Resort or similar
- Luang Prabang – Le Sen Boutique or similar
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2017:
- 15 February
- 15 March
- 16 April
- 7 May
- 7 June
- 12 July
- 6 August
- 6 September
- 11 October
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Once you have selected your favourite option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you complete your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and unique booking code
- Please follow the instructions on your email to redeem your voucher
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact email@example.com or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Board a traditional Junk cruise ship to explore the mystical seascape that is Halong Bay – enter beautiful caves, row to nearby islands, and enjoy a traditional Tai Chi lesson as the sun rises over the towering mountains.
- Explore the bustling sights and sounds of Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City), with its eclectic mixture of chic boutiques, traditional quarters and fascinating museums and galleries.
- Often hailed as the Shangri La of all destinations in Southeast Asia, Luang Prabang is the jewel of Laos. Home to 33 gilded temples and saffron-clad monks, this holy place is as beautiful as it is spiritual.
- Embark on an optional boat cruise on the famous Mekong Delta; an incredible water world where boats, houses and markets float upon the mighty Mekong River and its tributaries.
- They call Cambodia the Kingdom of Wonders. You’ll find out why when you discover beautiful Siem Reap, Angkor Wat, Bayon and more.
- Visit the Kuangsi Waterfall, a towing 200ft cascade of water nestled in the lush green jungle on North Central Laos.
Today you will leave Australia for Phnom Penh, the capital of Cambodia, transiting in Saigon. On arrival in Cambodia, you will be met by your tour operator and transferred to your hotel. Spend the rest of your day at leisure exploring the hotel and surrounds.
Today, learn about the Cambodia’s turbulent history as you visit the infamous Tuol Sleng Museum and Killing Fields, the infamous site of Pol Pot’s bloody Khmer Rouge regime. Later make your way to the Royal Palace. Although closed to visitors, the beautiful building and palatial gardens are still visible from the exterior and are a sight to behold. A trip to the National Museum later rounds off the day. Return to Phnom Penh to stay overnight in your hotel.
Today you will board a domestic flight to Siem Reap where you will stay for three nights. Today’s excursions include a visit to the monumental magnificence of Angkor Thom – the last capital city of the Khmers and home to the Elephant Terrace, the Terrace of the Leper King and the Bayon Temple. Later, enjoy a beautiful sunset from the Pre Rup temple before resting overnight at the hotel.
Today is the day that many travellers have been waiting for! Early this morning, you will visit the breathtaking Angkor Wat. Surrounded by a wide moat and spanning 162.6 hectares, Angkor Wat is the largest and arguably most astonishing religious monument in the world. Later this afternoon, visit Kampong Khleang, situated on the northern shore of the Tonle Sap Lake. Board a boat and take in the view as you pass by submerged forests and fishing farms, and discover the culture of the fishing villages that thrive at the edges of the lake. Return to your hotel in Siem Reap tonight.
Take this opportunity to explore Siem Reap at your own pace. Be sure to check out some local restaurants for a taste of world famous Cambodian cuisine.
Today you will take a flight to the ancient city of Luang Prabang in Northern Laos. On arrival you will be met by your tour guide and transferred to your new hotel. The rest of the day is free for you to settle in or wander as you please.
Luang Prabang lies in a valley at the confluence of the Mekong and Nam Khan rivers. Today you’ll have the chance to visit some of the Buddhist temples that the region is so famous for, including Wat Visoun, considered the oldest operating temple in Luang Prabang. Later, visit Wat Aham and Wat Xieng Thong, the crowning jewel of all the monasteries in the region. Enjoy the rest of your evening at leisure.
Today you will be whisked away to the mesmerising Tham Pak Ou Caves. These caves are filled with Buddha images in every style and material imaginable. On route, stop at Ban Xang Hai village, famous for the production of ‘lao lao’, the local rice wine whiskey. After a short stop, continue on to Kuang Si waterfall and along the way visit the village of Ban Muang Khai. Continue on to Ban The Pene, a nearby Khmu village. Return to your hotel in Luang Prabang tonight.
This morning enjoy some free time in Luang Prabang before transferring to the airport for your flight to Hanoi, the capital of Vietnam. Arrive at Noi Bai airport and transfer to your new hotel for check in. The rest of the day is yours for you to relax and settle into your new surrounds.
Today is yours to spend as you please, or you may choose to join an optional tour to get the best out of your time in Hanoi.
Optional Activity: Ninh Binh – Hoa Lu – Tam Coc
Visit Ninh Binh, the ancient capital of Vietnam from 968 AD to 1010 AD during the Dinh and early Le Dynasties. You’ll visit two small temples of the Kings, each of which is nearly a thousand years old. From there you will cycle through the quiet countryside roads to the spectacular limestone peaks of Tam Coc, passing colourful rice paddies and through the rural villages. Later, take a traditional boat trip to visit Tam Coc.
Beautiful Hanoi has enough to keep any traveller entertained for a lifetime. You’ll have all day today to explore the vibrant city streets, stunning natural landscapes and hidden local gems.
This morning we drive to the ‘Jewel in the Crown of Vietnam’, Halong Bay. Arriving just before lunch, you’ll embark on a traditional Vietnamese junk boat. Take lunch on board and enjoy the afternoon and overnight cruise as it provides you with fantastic views of the fabulous scenery and some 3,000 limestone islands which rise magically from the emerald waters. The limestone formations are littered with beaches, grottoes and beautiful caves, some of which you’ll get to visit. Enjoy a wonderful dinner on board.
The Halong Bay tour continues today with a morning spent cruising on to the Man’s Head, Tortoise Islands and then Luon Cave by small bamboo boat. After brunch, continue to travel through Bai Tu Long to Bai Chay then disembark. Your driver and guide will transfer you back to Hanoi to take a flight to Hue – Vietnam’s last imperial capital. This small and quiet city is widely known for its magnificent historic architecture, pagodas and royal tombs laid in the small villages and surrounding hills. Check in to stay overnight at your new hotel.
This morning you will take a short drive to explore the massive Hue citadel built in 1832. You will discover the combination of Western architecture and Eastern influences in the Imperial City and the Purple Forbidden City. Later, your trip continues to Minh Mang Mausoleum located on Cam Khe mountain by the tip top of Perfume River. Built between 1840 and 1843 by 10,000 workers and artists, this tribute to Emperor Minh Mang is a firm favourite with visitors to the region. Afterwards, you will board a Dragon Boat to cruise down the river and visit the beautiful Thien Mu Pagoda; built in 1601 and lying on the top of Ha Khe Hill by the riverside. Return to Hue tonight.
Leave Hue this morning and drive South to Hoi an – originally a Cham seaport and brimming with the influence of traders from various cultures through history. The scenic road hugs the coastline before crossing over the winding Hai Van pass. The view from the top of the pass is one of Vietnam’s most impressive panoramic scenes of Lang co Beach. You will stop en route to visit Non Nuoc Beach, Marble Mountain, and the Cham Museum in Danang City before reaching Hoi an old town. The rest of the afternoon is yours to enjoy at leisure.
Take the day to explore the delights of this wonderful city at your own pace.
Enjoy a leisurely morning in Hoi An before transferring to the airport for your scheduled flight to Ho Chi Minh City (commonly known as Saigon). On arrival you will be by met by a tour operator and transferred to your new hotel.
Today you will be whisked off to the lush and verdant plains of the Mekong Delta, just a few hours by coach from Saigon. Visit My Tho, a prosperous town of 175,000 inhabitants famous for its extensive orchards and immense rice fields. Take a cruise on the Mekong River to visit some of the islands along the waterway. Here, you have the chance to visit a coconut candy workshop, enjoy local tropical fruits and honey tea, and listen to some traditional Southern music. Later, board a small boat to discover a natural canal of Ben Tre province, take a short walk through a coconut farm and visit a typical house in Mekong Delta. After lunch on your own, visit Vinh Trang Pagoda, one of the greatest pagodas in the Tien Giang Province and set in an expanse of 2,000 square metres of beautiful trees. Transfer back to Saigon to stay overnight.
Take some time to explore this historic city at your own pace, or join one of the day’s optional activities.
Optional Activity: Cu Chi Tunnels Tour
Discover the famous Cu Chi Tunnels. Once upon a time, the tunnel system stretched over 250km from Saigon to the Cambodian border and was three levels deep. Today the remaining tunnels have become a major tourist attraction providing visitors with a unique experience and a feel of what underground life was like during the U.S and Vietnam War
Take some more time to soak up the culture and history of Saigon at your own pace.
You’ll have some free time this morning for any last minute sightseeing or souvenir shopping before being taken to the airport for your return flight back to Australia.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Valid for two people, twin share
- Flights depart from Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide or Canberra
- Itinerary is subject to availability and weather conditions
- A single supplement charge of $1130 applies to those wishing to travel alone, contact Kogan Travel on 1300 517 210 for more details
- Travel insurance – highly recommended
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Visas for Vietnam, Cambodia & Laos – Mandatory for Australian passport holders
- Entrance fee to Hoi An town
- Tour tipping (approximately AUD $5 per person per day)
- Optional excursions and activities
- Items of a personal nature
- Anything not mentioned in the package
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Your Holiday is Safe with Kogan Travel
Kogan Travel Booking Guarantee
If, within 14 days of purchasing Your Kogan Travel offer (Guarantee Period) You have been unable to secure Your preferred travel dates, and have not confirmed a booking, We will issue You with a full refund to the face-value of Your voucher purchase.
ATAS - Travel Accredited
AFTA - The Australian Federation of Travel Agents
International Flights Included
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.