Added to Cart
UK: 17 Day Best of UK & Ireland Including Flights for Two
UK: 17 Day Best of UK & Ireland Including Flights for Two
Cross the length and breadth of the UK and Ireland.
Explore the best the UK and Ireland has to offer – from historic English towns to the brooding beauty of the Scottish Highlands, and everything in between.
- Return International Flights for Two with a Premium Airline
- 16 Nights of Excellent Accommodation throughout Europe Including Daily Breakfasts
- Cross the Length and Breadth of the UK and Ireland with Stops in London, Dublin, Edinburgh and Much More!
- Return International Flights for Two with a Premium Airline
- 16 Nights of Excellent Hotel Accommodation for Two
- Daily Breakfasts & 6 Delicious Dinners
- Tours of the UK & Ireland’s Most Exciting Destinations and Attractions
- All Touring Transportation via Luxury Air Conditioned Coach
- Sightseeing and Entrance Fees as per the Itinerary
- Experienced Guides Every Step of the Way
- London – London House Hotel Kensington or similar
- Cardiff – Mercure Cardiff or similar
- Liverpool – Ibis Liverpool or similar
- Dublin – Clarion Hotel or similar
- Killarney – Holiday Inn or similar
- Galway – Imperial Hotel or similar
- Belfast – Travelodge Belfast or similar
- Scottish Highlands – Rob Roy Hotel or similar
- Edinburgh – Britannia Hotel or similar
- York – Ibis York or similar
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2018:
- 5, 19 May
- 2, 16 June
- 11, 25 August
- 8, 22 September
- 6 October
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact email@example.com or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Spend an unforgettable day exploring London’s highlights, travelling in style by double decker bus.
- Explore Stonehenge, the ancient archaeological wonder that has stood for thousands of years in the countryside of south-west England (optional).
- Football fans and music lovers alike will rejoice with a visit to Liverpool – home city of Liverpool and Everton football clubs, and of course The Beatles.
- Drink in Ireland’s epic scenery travelling along the ‘Wild Atlantic Way’, through Limerick and the famous Cliffs of Moher.
- Stand in awe of the Giant’s Causeway, a famous natural oddity made up of around 40,000 interlocking basalt columns.
- Sample Scotland’s most famous export, with a visit to a local whisky distillery in the Scottish Highlands.
London’s calling! Fly to the UK today, and make your way to your hotel to relax for the evening.
You have the full day today to discover the sights of London with your 24 hour Hop On/Hop Off Bus Pass. Spend an unforgettable day exploring London’s highlights travelling in style by double decker bus.
Your tour of the UK and Ireland begins today! Departing from London, you will make your way to Stonehenge (optional), the ancient archaeological wonder that has stood for thousands of years in the countryside of south-west England. Ponder the mysteries of this ancient site for yourself and learn about the history of the area. Once you’ve had a chance to look around, it’s time to head for the beautiful and historic city of Bath, famous of course for the Roman baths built here during the reign of the Empire. Heading into nearby Wales, Caerphilly Castle is your next stop, where you can snap a few photos of this ancient attraction, built in the 13th Century by Gilbert de Clare, a red-headed Norman nobleman. Finally, arrive in the Welsh capital of Cardiff to enjoy dinner with your group and tour leader.
- Stonehenge Tour – join the many that have seen the prehistoric, mysterious circle of upright stones in southern England. With construction on the great monument beginning 5,000 years ago, it’s amazing to see that the famous stones still stand today.
- Tour of the Roman Baths – around Britain’s only hot springs, the Romans built the finest religious spa in northern Europe. This great temple and bathing complex still flows with natural hot water. The extensive remains and a Roman museum of international significance lie beneath the Pump Room and Abbey Church Yard in the centre of Bath.
After breakfast in Cardiff, you will make for Stratford-upon-Avon, the hometown of William Shakespeare! A market town with more than 800 years of history, the town still has many buildings that would be familiar to Shakespeare if he was still around today. Spend some free time exploring, or join an optional tour of Shakespeare’s House. Then you’re off to Liverpool! Liverpool is a famous British port city with a rich history; there’s something for everyone here. Football fans will be delighted to be in the home city of Liverpool and Everton football clubs, while music fans will be enthralled to be in the home of The Beatles. Spot the famous sites with your included driving tour of the city, and explore the city yourself during your free time this evening. Why not head to Mathew Street, the beating heart of the live music scene and home to the world-famous ‘Cavern Club’, where The Beatles first made their mark on modern music?
- Shakespeare’s House – visit the house where William Shakespeare was born, grew up and played. He ate meals in the hall and he slept and dreamt in these rooms. Shakespeare also spent the first five years of married life in this house with his new wife, Anne Hathaway. Other famous writers have also visited here, including Charles Dickens, John Keats, Walter Scott and Thomas Hardy.
Today, catch the ferry across the Irish Sea to Dublin! On arrival, enjoy a driving tour of the city, and spot a few of the city’s more famous highlights. Afterwards, enjoy some free time in this 1000 year old city. From the city’s Viking past, its medieval castles and cathedrals, to its many museums that illustrate some of the city’s more turbulent episodes, Dublin is big enough to keep you entertained, but small enough to get across town in no time at all.
Enjoy a free day in the city of Dublin! One of the city’s most famous exports is, of course, Guinness, so today you may wish to visit the Guinness Storehouse to see how this famous dark beer is made. Alternatively, visit the National Museums of Ireland, take a walk along the South Wall, visit the city’s most famous park, St Stephen’s Green, see the Irish Museum of Modern Art or try out the many pubs and eateries. Tonight, there’s also the option to enjoy a taste of traditional Irish music!
- Irish Music Evening – Enjoy a traditional evening of fine Irish food, music and dance at an award winning Irish pub. Widely regarded as the best traditional music show in Dublin, this is an experience you will never forget.
Leaving Dublin behind, travel onward to Waterford, the oldest city in Ireland! Founded by Vikings in 914, Waterford has a fascinating history and rich maritime tradition. Following your stop here, travel on to the famous Blarney Castle, where you can kiss the Blarney Stone and hopefully gain the ‘gift of the gab.’ Built nearly 600 years ago by one of Ireland’s most famous chieftains, Blarney Castle is one of Ireland’s most famous attractions. After that, it’s onward to the pretty town of Killarney in County Kerry to enjoy an included dinner and relax for the evening.
Today you will drive the incredible Ring of Kerry. Keep your camera fully charged and at the ready – it’s going to be a day of stunning scenery! The Ring of Kerry is home to breathtaking coastal views, emerald-green pastures and charming villages, including Waterville, Kells & Derrynane. Take the opportunity to amble down the high streets, explore the shops and try the culinary treats on offer from the cute cafes, bars and restaurants. Then, drive through the picturesque town of Cahersiveen, and stop at Killarney National Park and Moll’s Gap, where you’ll be blown away by the scenery of this beautiful green valley.
Today’s another day jam-packed with epic Irish scenery! Making your way up the Wild Atlantic Way, we’ll be stopping in Adare & Limerick on our way to the famous Cliffs of Moher and the town of Galway. Adare is often called Ireland’s prettiest village, and with its preserved 19th Century thatch-roofed cottages housing craft shops and fine restaurants, it’s not hard to see why. Travel on through the county of Limerick towards the Cliffs of Moher, one of the best-known attractions in all of Ireland. These incredible cliffs rise over 200 metres from the frothing ocean below, and the views on a clear day are absolutely breathtaking. Finally, arrive in Galway, a bright, bohemian city renowned for its oysters, live music venues, cafes, weekend parties and contemporary vibe. Explore the city for yourself during your free time and experience all the charm that Galway has to offer.
Leaving Galway behind, journey on to Northern Ireland, stopping first in Derry/Londonderry. Fresh from its makeover following its moment in the limelight as UK City of Culture 2013, Northern Ireland’s second largest city has a lot to offer. Next, stop at the Giant’s Causeway, a famous natural oddity made up of around 40,000 interlocking basalt columns. Learn about the myths and legends surrounding the area, and then prepare for the final stop in the Irish leg of your adventure – Belfast! Here, you’ll enjoy a driving tour with a local guide, taking time to see some of the city’s most famous attractions and learn more about the city’s past. Having pulled off quite a transformation in recent years, Belfast is shaking off its reputation that lingered after the times of ‘The Troubles’, and the city’s skyline is constantly changing as redevelopment continues. Fans of Game of Thrones will be pleased to know that a large portion of the series is filmed here, too! Dinner is included this evening.
After breakfast, you’re Scotland bound! Boarding a ferry in Belfast, arrive in Scotland and travel to Stirling to admire the famous Wallace Monument. Built to commemorate one of William Wallace’s most famous victories at The Bridge of Stirling, the monument is a tower standing on the summit of Abbey Craig, a hilltop near Stirling. Then, enjoy a scenic drive into the Scottish Highlands where you’ll stay for the evening, and enjoy dinner with your tour group.
Today, set off into the Highlands to further explore this famous region of Scotland. Stop at the famous Loch Ness, reputedly the home of the Loch Ness monster! Enjoy some free time Nessie-spotting, or join an optional cruise on the loch. See the ruins of Urquhart Castle, before stopping off at a local whisky distillery, where you’ll have the chance to taste this most famous Scottish export! Heading out of the Highlands, arrive in Edinburgh, and enjoy a walking tour of the Scottish capital. Apart from Holyrood House, the Royal Mile and Edinburgh Castle, keep in mind that this is the city where JK Rowling famously penned the first Harry Potter novel. Fans might find the city strangely familiar! Dinner is included this evening.
- Loch Ness Cruise – Visit the home of the mysterious Loch Ness monster and enjoy a cruise on the loch. Take in the sights and enjoy the serene surroundings. Have your cameras at the ready as you may even spot old Nessie.
Today is yours to spend as you like – revisit some of the highlights from yesterday’s walking tour, or head out on your own to discover the city for yourself. Explore Edinburgh Castle in full, or if the weather allows, take a stroll up to Arthur’s Seat for panoramic views of the city below. Tonight join an optional traditional Scottish dinner, complete with the famous traditional haggis!
- Spirit of Scotland – enjoy an evening of traditional Scottish entertainment, which includes a four-course meal and a glass of wine or a pint of beer. The show includes a Scottish band, singing, Highland dancers and a fiddler. Enjoy a ‘wee’ taste of Haggis during the show if you would like to sample the famous Scottish delicacy.
Saying farewell to Scotland, you will visit Alnwick where you will have some free time to explore, or to join an optional excursion to the famous Alnwick Castle. Next, travel into Yorkshire, and to the county capital, York. Home to the largest gothic cathedral in northern Europe (York Minster), York is a charming city of winding cobbled streets, lined with little boutiques selling all manner of fascinating things and there are a number of sweet-shops too if you’re looking to satisfy that sweet tooth! Enjoy a walking tour of the city to see its most famous sites, before an included dinner this evening.
- Alnwick Castle – explore the home to the Duke of Northumberland and one of the largest inhabited castles in England. Alnwick Castle has been used as a setting in many films and television series, these include the Harry Potter films, Downton Abbey, The Black Adder, Star Trek: The Next Generation and many more.
It’s the last day of your UK and Ireland tour, but you’re finishing off with a real treat – today you will travel to the historic university town of Cambridge! Along with the exquisite architecture, quirky traditions and deep history, there are a significant number of bright sparks who have passed through the city’s famous university: John Milton, Charles Darwin, David Attenborough, Sacha Baron Cohen, Siegfried Sassoon, John Cleese, Nick Drake, Stephen Fry, William Wordsworth, Hugh Laurie, Rachel Weisz and, of course countless others. Experience the traditional Cambridge pastime of punting along the river before returning to London this afternoon.
Make the most of your final day in London today! Take a stroll around Hyde Park, wander through Camden markets in search of souvenirs, or perhaps take a spin on the London Eye.
Sadly, it’s time to head home today. Make your way to the airport for your flight home.
B = Breakfast L = Lunch D = Dinner I/F = In Flight
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth
- Flights are with Qatar Airways, Emirates, Etihad, Singapore Airlines, Cathay Pacific or Thai Airways subject to availability
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Valid for two people, twin share
- Not valid with any other offer
- Subject to availability
- Stopovers and hotel upgrades may be available upon request
- A single supplement of $1400 applies to those wishing to travel alone – contact Kogan Travel on 1300 517 210 for more details
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Airport transfers
- Anything not listed in the itinerary
- Optional tours:
- Stonehenge – GBP 15.50 per person
- Roman Baths – GBP 15 per person
- Shakespeare’s House – GBP 15 per person
- Loch Ness Cruise – GBP 15 per person
- Spirit of Scotland Show – GBP 60 per person
- Irish Music Evening – EUR 57 per person
- Alnwick Castle – GBP 15 per person
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
Your Holiday is Safe with Kogan Travel
Kogan Travel Booking Guarantee
If, within 14 days of purchasing Your Kogan Travel offer (Guarantee Period) You have been unable to secure Your preferred travel dates, and have not confirmed a booking, We will issue You with a full refund to the face-value of Your voucher purchase.
ATAS - Travel Accredited
AFTA - The Australian Federation of Travel Agents
International Flights Included
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
People also viewed
EUROPE: 20 Day European Explorer Tour Including Flights for Two
EUROPE: 20 Day Western Mediterranean Symphony Package Including Flights for Two
EUROPE: 21 Day Discovery Tour Including Flights for Two
SOUTH AMERICA: 10 Day Amazon Explorer Cruise Including Flights for Two
EUROPE: 18 Day Classic Spain with 7 Night Cruise Including Flights for Two (Interior Cabin)