Added to Cart
TRANS-SIBERIA: 17 Day Ultimate Trans-Siberian Rail Journey Including Flights for Two
TRANS-SIBERIA: 17 Day Ultimate Trans-Siberian Rail Journey Including Flights for Two
Discover one of the world's most mysterious regions!
On this captivating tour featuring an incredible Trans-Siberian rail journey, you will see the stunning architecture of Moscow, the ancient wonders of Beijing and the fascinating lifestyles of the nomads of Mongolia.
- Return International Flights For Two
- Journey through the Boundless Siberian Landscape aboard the Trans-Siberian Express
- Explore World Famous Landmarks including the Great Wall of China and the Kremlin
- Return International Flights for Two with a Premium Airline
- 7 Nights of Hotel Accommodation
- 2 Nights in a Mongolian Ger (Yurt)
- 6 Nights Aboard the Trans-Siberian Express
- 10 Breakfasts and 3 Dinners
- All Sightseeing and Entrance Fees As Per Itinerary
- Experienced Tour Guides
- Return Airport Transfers
- St Petersburg – Arbat Nord or similar
- Moscow – Izmailovo Delta Hotel or similar
- Yekaterinburg – Park Inn or similar
- Listvyanka – Listvyanka Chalet or similar
- Ulaanbaatar – Bayangol Hotel or similar
- Terelj National Park, Mongolia – Guru Ger Camp or similar (quad share yurt-style accommodation)
- Trans-Siberian Express – 4 Berth Cabin
- Beijing – Dong Fang Hotel or similar
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2018:
- 19 May
- 21 July
- 11 August
- 9 September
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact email@example.com or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Journey through Russia, Mongolia and China – drinking in spectacular sights along the way!
- Explore the wonderful city of St Petersburg, the iconic Kremlin in Moscow and the historic architecture of Kazan in Russia!
- Make your way through the vast Siberian landscape aboard the famous Trans-Siberian Railway, with fascinating scenery unseen anywhere else in the world.
- Spend two nights in a Ger – a traditional nomadic Mongolian tent.
- See the Great Wall of China, Tiananmen Square and more world famous landmarks in Beijing.
Begin your exciting journey by flying to Russia!
St. Petersburg is a wonderful city known for its beautiful canals, manicured parks and graceful 18th century architecture. You’ll have the day to relax and readjust before joining your tour leader and fellow travellers at 5pm for your pre departure meeting.
The first thing on the agenda today is a city tour of St. Petersburg, where you will get the chance to explore this magnificent city – including the famous Palace Square. Later on, you will be taken to the gilded halls of the Hermitage Museum, the world’s largest collection of paintings containing works by the famed artists like Botticelli, Rembrandt, Van Gogh and Picasso. This evening, you will begin making your way to Moscow with your first night aboard the world famous Trans Siberian Express.
Welcome to Moscow! Today is filled with guided tours of many of the fascinating sites this vibrant city has to offer. The Christ the Saviour Cathedral, built after the collapse of the Soviet Union, now dominates Moscow’s skyline and is sure to take your breath away. Beneath the city lies the palatial metro rail system draped in chandeliers, mosaics and baroque bas-reliefs. Nearby, you will have the opportunity to roam delightful cobblestone streets and discover Red Square, surrounded by the State History Museum, Lenin’s Mausoleum as well as the iconic swirled cupolas of St. Basil’s Cathedral.
Today you will see the Kremlin, an iconic structure showcasing monumental walls, towers and golden-domed cathedrals. Marvel at the exquisite collection of royal treasures, Faberge jewels and icons of the lavish Armoury Chamber, before beginning your overnight journey to the city of Kazan aboard the Trans Siberian Express..
Today you will explore the historic, picturesque city of Kazan, the capital of Tatarstan. It’s an impressive city where the domes of Orthodox churches and the minarets of the Islamic mosques vie for attention on the skyline. Your tour of the city will include a visit to Kazan’s UNESCO World Heritage Listed Kremlin, to see the marvellous towers, glistening domes and ornate minarets encased within the building. Enjoy some free time to explore this afternoon, before heading back to your hotel this evening.
Rise and shine – it’s an early start today! Aboard the Trans-Siberian Express, you will pass through the magnificent Ural Mountains before stopping just inside Asia at Yekaterinburg, considered to be the dividing point between Europe and Asia. Disembark the train this evening and check in to your hotel.
Board the train again in the very early hours this morning, for your journey on to Mongolia!
Continue through Mongolia while enjoying life on board the Trans-Siberian Express. Take the time to get acquainted with fellow travellers and watch the beautiful Siberian landscape go by. Cross the Irtysh and Ob rivers and travel over the vast Siberian silver and green taiga. The taiga (the Russian word for forest) is the largest land biome in the world, extending across Europe, North America and Asia. The train skirts the shores of Lake Baikal which, despite being the world’s largest freshwater lake, freezes in winter with ice over two metres thick!
Arriving in Mongolia at dawn, you will be treated to breathtaking scenes of traditional nomadic life as the train makes its way through stunning steppes towards the capital. Arriving at Ulaanbaatar, your first stop will be to the Zaisan Memorial to admire panoramic views of the entire city, followed by a visit to Gandan Khiid, the city’s largest, most important monastery. Later in the day you’ll travel out across the grasslands to Terelj National Park, where you will spend the next two nights living in a Mongolian ger – a traditional felt and wood frame house used by nomadic herdsmen for centuries, set amongst spectacular rock formations and wild rolling hills.
Today you will have the full day to spend amongst nomadic Mongolian families. Visit Melkhii Khad, also known as ‘Turtle Rock’, and enjoy your time learning about traditional Mongolian culture and the nomadic way of life.
For your final day in Mongolia, return to Ulaanbaatar for a city tour that will take you to iconic destinations such as the National History Museum and Sukhbaatar Square.
- Evening Cultural Performance – experience the unique Mongolian art of throat singing with a traditional performance this evening.
All aboard the Beijing Express! Travel over the steppes of Mongolia, then continue further south through the Gobi Desert towards the Chinese frontier. Enjoy your very last night aboard the Trans Siberian Express tonight before you arrive in Beijing tomorrow morning.
It’s time to explore Beijing, the capital city of China! Immerse yourself in this bustling metropolis with a half day city tour, where you will be taken to world famous landmarks such as the Temple of Heaven, Tiananmen Square and the timeless Hutong Laneways of Old Beijing.
Today you will have the chance to walk through history with a visit to the one and only Great Wall of China at Juyongguan Pass. Built as a defense against the fearsome Mongol horsemen, the Wall stretches 500 km across China’s mountainous northern frontier.
It is time to farewell your new friends as your Trans-Siberian journey comes to an end. Transfer to the airport for your flight home to Australia.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner, I/F = In Flight Meal
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights are from Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth
- Flights are with Etihad, Qatar, Emirates or Singapore Airlines (subject to availability)
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct
- Stopovers available upon request
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Not valid with any other offer
- Subject to availability
- Visas for China, Russia and Mongolia are mandatory for Australian passport holders – you must apply for a Russian visa at least 6 weeks prior to departure from Australia. Invitation letters and guidelines will be provided by tour operator upon booking confirmation.
- Optional upgrade to a 2 berth cabin on the Trans-Siberian Express: $1775 per person
- There are shared bathroom facilities at Guru Ger Camp and aboard the Trans-Siberian Express
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Visa fees for China, Russia and Mongolia – mandatory for Australian passport holders
- Anything not included in the itinerary
- Optional extras/activities – payable directly to your tour guides
- Tipping – mandatory tipping of USD $70 per person is payable to your tour leader on arrival
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
Your Holiday is Safe with Kogan Travel
Kogan Travel Booking Guarantee
If, within 14 days of purchasing Your Kogan Travel offer (Guarantee Period) You have been unable to secure Your preferred travel dates, and have not confirmed a booking, We will issue You with a full refund to the face-value of Your voucher purchase.
ATAS - Travel Accredited
AFTA - The Australian Federation of Travel Agents
International Flights Included
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
People also viewed
SOUTH AMERICA: 10 Day Amazon Explorer Cruise Including Flights for Two
SRI LANKA: 10 Day Glimpse of Sri Lanka Tour Including Flights for Two (2017, MEL/SYD)
VIETNAM: 10 Day Grand Tour for Two Including Flights (Standard)
AFRICA: 20 Day Africa Tour Including Flights (For Two)
USA: 10 Day Best of the West National Parks Tour Including Flights for Two