Added to Cart
More deals you may like
SILVER WINNER, IBPA BENJAMIN FRANKLIN AWARDS & FINALIST, 2018 FOREWORD INDIES BOOK OF THE YEAR
Featured in The New York Times, Bloomberg, and Vox, The Shopping Revolution offers a “brilliant analysis of the disruptive effect that Amazon is having on the retail industry and how stores can fight back in order to survive,” according to Forbes’ Walter Loeb.
Amazon disrupts everything it touches and upends any market it enters. In the era of its game-changing dominance, how can any company compete?
We are just witnessing the start of the radical changes in retail that will revolutionize shopping in every way. As Amazon and other disruptors continue to offer ever-greater value, customers’ expectations will continue to ratchet up, making winning (and keeping) those customers all the more challenging. For some retailers, the changes will push customers permanently out of their reach—and their companies out of business.
In The Shopping Revolution, Barbara E. Kahn, a foremost retail expert and professor at The Wharton School, examines the companies that have been most successful during this wave of change, and offers fresh insights into what we can learn from their ascendance.
Kahn, also the author of Global Brand Power: Leveraging Branding for Long-Term Growth, examines:
- How did Amazon become the retailer of choice for a large portion of the US population, and how can other companies work with them or compete with them?
- How did Walmart beat out other grocers in the late 1990s to become the leader in food retailing, and how must they pivot to hold their leadership position today?
- How did Warby Parker make a dent in the once-untouchable Luxottica’s lucrative eyewear business, and what can that tell start-ups about how to unseat a Goliath?
- How did Sephora draw customers away from once-dominant department stores to become the go-to retailers for beauty products, and what can retailers learn from their success?
- How are luxury and fast-fashion retailers competing in the ever-changing, fickle world of fashion?
Building on these insights, Kahn offers a framework that any company can use to create a competitive strategy to survive and thrive in today’s—and tomorrow’s—retail environment.
“A brisk and thought-provoking anatomy of shopping in the 21st century.”
“A must-read for anyone who aspires to reach customers today—and tomorrow.”
—Marc Lore, CEO, Walmart eCommerce US
“A masterful storyteller, Barbara Kahn expertly unpacks the strategies of today’s seemingly unbeatable retailers. An indispensable guide for anyone who has a product to sell.”
—Stuart Weitzman, Founder, Stuart Weitzman LLC
Related CategoriesNon-Fiction Books > Mind, Body, SpiritLiterary FictionNon-Fiction > ScienceModern ClassicComedyBooktopia Gift Guide > Everything LavishMannequinsSci-FiMartial ArtsNon-Fiction Books > PhilosophyFiction Books > Action & AdventureFootballChildren & Teenagers / Young Adults > Educational MaterialFiction > Graphic Novels2020 Calendars > 2020 Wall Calendars2019 Calendars > 2019 Wall CalendarsKids & Children > PoetryNon-Fiction > Travel Maps & AtlasesNon-Fiction > Politics & GovernmentBolinda Audio Book ShowcaseChildren & Teenagers / Young Adults > Stationery & Miscellaneous Items For ChildrenFiction Books > Historical FictionTelefantasyNon-Fiction > Sports & RecreationMiscellaneous Items