Added to Cart
More deals you may like
Written by two distinguished leaders in midwifery, this text provides a comprehensive examination of an effective model of prenatal care associated with improved health outcomes and reduced costs. This book describes basic tenets of the Centering Healthcare model, which brings together cohorts of people with similar health care needs in a circle group setting for care. The model encourages meaningful dialogue between the patient, other patients, clinicians, the family, and the community. Chapters discuss the clinical practice landscape leading to the model’s development, its use in clinical practice, and its widespread and continuing growth as an effective alternative to traditional care.
Interspersed with comments and stories from Centering participants and health care professionals, this book describes the implementation of the model that is based on three foundations: health care, interactive learning, and community building. Throughout the book, chapters emphasize that power of the group process through facilitative leadership encourages behavior change and personal empowerment. Applicable around the world and in other health care settings, this book can be an invaluable resource for use by nurse-midwives, family nurse practitioners, physicians, social workers, and other health practitioners.
- Describes the theoretical foundations of the Centering Healthcare model
- Documents the importance of the Centering model elements to achieve improved health care and reduced cost
- Discusses the impact of evidence-based research on providers, administrators, and policy makers
- Focuses on implementation science relating to stages of system redesign and the need for supportive mentoring
- Includes personal stories of empowerment from patients, providers, and staff
- Demonstrates the validity and applicability of the model to a variety of health care populations, both domestic and international
- References the work of the Centering Healthcare Institute
Second place winner in the 2017 American Journal of Nursing awards.
Related CategoriesChildren & Teenagers / Young Adults > Personal & Social IssuesBooktopia's Favourites > Babies and ToddlersDiariesNon-Fiction Books > Self-Help & Personal DevelopmentDVD & Blu-RayBookmarksFiction > Erotic FictionFiction Books > Graphic NovelsNon-Fiction > PsychologyActionNon-Fiction Books > Cooking, Food & DrinkKids & Children > Premier's Reading Challenge2018 Calendars > 2018 Engagement Calendar DiariesCookery/Wine4K Ultra HD | DramaNon-Fiction > Sociology & AnthropologyClassicNatureRomance & Love StoriesIndoor PastimesJournalsMiscellaneous Items > Gift Books and Gift IdeasMagazinesMusicalKeep Fit