Added to Cart
More deals you may like
From Australia’s most trusted GP, Professor Kerryn Phelps AM, comes a comprehensive, accessible and compassionate guide for cancer patients and their families and carers.
A cancer diagnosis is a difficult life event and just the beginning of a long and challenging journey. Professor Phelps has provided care to numerous cancer patients over many years and knows the issues they face. Her philosophy is always to empower patients with the information they need to improve their wellbeing in whatever way possible.
In The Cancer Recovery Guide, Professor Phelps provides expert advice on:
* what to do when you are first diagnosed
* how to get the best from your medical team
* what to expect from cancer-specific treatments and how to manage side effects
* medically proven complementary therapies to help manage pain, stress, fatigue and reduced immunity
* the role of sleep, exercise and nutrition in easing the effects of treatment and facilitating recovery
* strategies for both patients and carers to cope with the emotional toll of cancer.
Based on the latest research, clinical experience and a deep practical knowledge of the healthcare system, this is an indispensable guide to dealing with our most feared but most common disease.
Related CategoriesNon-Fiction Books > Comedy & HumourNon-Fiction Books > Travel Maps & AtlasesNon-Fiction Books > Biographies & True StoriesFiction > RomanceFamilyNon-Fiction > Mind, Body, SpiritNon-Fiction Books > Politics & GovernmentEOFYS SaleActionWarAdventureChildren & Teenagers / Young Adults > Hot Wheels Booktopia's Favourites > Babies and ToddlersChildren & Teenagers / Young Adults > Educational Material4K Ultra HD | AdventureChildren & Teenagers / Young Adults > Reference Material4K Ultra HD | ActionNon-Fiction Books > Local Interest TopicsNon-Fiction > Industry & Industrial StudiesBooktopia Gift Guide > Mother's DayNon-Fiction Books > Warfare & DefenceDanceBooktoberfest Sale > Kids and TeensNon-Fiction Books > Accounting & FinanceEconomics, Finance, Business and Management