Added to Cart
More deals you may like
This product is shipped via the most economical route and is estimated to be delivered within 2-3 weeks of placing your order.
Social psychology is one of the most intriguing and captivating areas of psychology, as it has a profound influence on our everyday lives; from our shopping habits to our interactions at a party. Social psychology seeks to answer questions that we think and talk about with each other every day; questions such as:
- Why do some people behave differently when on their own, to when they’re with a group?
- What leads individuals sometimes to hurt and sometimes to help one another?
- Why are we attracted to certain types of people?
- How do some persuade others to do what they want?
The new edition of has been revised to introduce a more flexible structure for the teaching and studying of social psychology and includes up-to-date, international research in the area. There is an emphasis throughout on the critical evaluation of published research, in order to encourage critical thinking about the various topics. Applied examples across the chapters help to highlight the relevance, and hence the impact, that the theories and methods of this fascinating subject have upon the social world.
Key Features Include:
- Research Close-Up: Following a style, this feature matches the layout used in real research papers, providing an accessible introduction to journal articles and the research methods used by social psychologists.
- Focus On: from the previous edition, these boxes now look at opposing viewpoints, controversial research or alternative approaches to topics within social psychology, offering a more critical outlook on topics and prompting the questioning of the validity of published research.
- Recommended Readings: , recommended further readings of both classic and contemporary literature have been added to each chapter, providing a springboard for further consideration of the topic.
is McGraw-Hill’s digital learning and teaching environment.
– You get easy online access to homework, tests and quizzes designed by your instructor. You get immediate feedback on how you’re doing, making it the perfect platform to test your knowledge.
– It gives you the power to create auto-graded assignments, tests and quizzes online. The detailed visual reporting allows you to easily monitor your students’ progress. In addition, you can still access key support materials for your teaching, including a testbank, seminar materials and lecture support.
Visit: for more details.
David Myers is the John Dirk Werkman Professor of Psychology at Hope College where he has taught for the past 30 years. David Myers’ love of teaching psychology has been rewarded by students on many occasions with numerous Outstanding Professor awards. An award-winning researcher, Dr. Myers received the Gordon Allport Prize from Division 9 of the American Psychological Association for his work on group polarization. His scientific articles have appeared in more than two dozen journals, including Science, American Scientist, Psychological Bulletin, and Psychological Science. He has served his discipline as consulting editor to the Journal of Experimental Social Psychology and the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology.
Related CategoriesNon-FictionKids & Children > Picture Books & Early LearningKids & Children > Children's FictionNon-Fiction Books > Cooking, Food & DrinkChildren & Teenagers / Young Adults > Children's FictionNon-Fiction Books > Arts & EntertainmentNon-Fiction Books > Family & HealthDramaNon-Fiction Books > Crafts & HandiworkText Books > Higher Education & Vocational Textbooks