Added to Cart
More deals you may like
Outcomes in Speech-Language Pathology: Contemporary Theories, Models, and Practices
This product is shipped via the most economical route and is estimated to be delivered within 2-3 weeks of placing your order.
An updated reference on outcomes in speech-language pathology”
Based on the pioneering work of Carol C. Frattali, Outcomes in Speech-Language Pathology, Second Edition provides readers with a focused, comprehensive review of current policies, principles, and practices pertaining to outcome measurement in speech-language pathology with particular emphasis on healthcare. It is a unique text that covers outcomes in speech-language pathology practices within the context of contemporary issues across work settings that include clinical practice, applied clinical research, and graduate education.
- The only text that specifically focuses on outcome measurement in speech-language pathology
- Major themes from the first edition are revisited in light of the impact of contemporary issues and shifts in emphasis in outcomes, including:
- The prominence of the WHO-ICF as a conceptual model for intervention
- The impact of public policies and federal mandates
- Emphasis on value-based, cost-effective clinical healthcare services
- Growing transparency in organizational performance in accreditation processes
- The weight currently placed on patient satisfaction and patient-reported outcomes
- Outcomes assessment across stakeholders in school settings
- Challenges and revised perspectives on the application of evidence-based practice
- Increasing demand for applied effectiveness research to inform clinical practices
- Renewed reliance on single subject experimental designs in SLP intervention research and the application of N=1 research designs to clinical practice
- The growing emphasis on outcomes in graduate clinical education and supervision as well as in higher education
Directors and managers of clinical speech-language pathology programs in healthcare settings as well as clinical staff and supervisors will find this book to be a valuable desk reference and graduate students will use it as a key resource in the course of their studies.
Related CategoriesNon-FictionKids & Children > Picture Books & Early LearningKids & Children > Children's FictionNon-Fiction Books > Cooking, Food & DrinkChildren & Teenagers / Young Adults > Children's FictionNon-Fiction Books > Arts & EntertainmentNon-Fiction Books > Family & HealthDramaNon-Fiction Books > Crafts & HandiworkText Books > Higher Education & Vocational Textbooks