Added to Cart
SOUTH AMERICA: 12 Day Machu Picchu, Amazon & Ecuador Tour Including Flights for Two
SOUTH AMERICA: 12 Day Machu Picchu, Amazon & Ecuador Tour Including Flights for Two
Includes an unforgettable trip through the Amazon rainforest.
$9,998Valued at $11,998
Stand with one foot in the Northern Hemisphere and one in the Southern, walk in the footsteps of the ancient Incan Empire, and raft down the mighty Amazon through the world’s largest natural ecosystem.
- Return International Flights for Two
- 10 Nights of 4 Star Accommodation with Daily Breakfasts and Extra Meals on Selected Days
- Stand amongst the Sky-High Ruins at Machu Picchu, Trek through the Amazonian Rainforest, and Live Life at 0 degrees Latitude in Ecuador
- Return International Flights from Australia
- All Internal Flights in South America
- 10 Nights of 4 Star Accommodation
- Daily Breakfasts and Heaps of Meals as Mentioned in the Itinerary
- All Tours and Excursions as Indicated in the Itinerary
- All Transport via Air Conditioned Coach
- Exciting Tours of All Major Attraction with Experienced Guides
- Amazon Rainforest Trek with Raft Ride and Zip Line Experience
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2017:
- 3, 31 March
- 4, 18 August
- 15 September
- 13, 27 October
- 24 November
- Once you have selected your favourite option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you complete your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and unique booking code
- Please follow the instructions on your email to redeem your voucher
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Standing 2,430m above sea level in the midst of tropical mountain forests, the epic ruins of Machu Picchu are arguably the most stunning archeological site on earth. Walking amongst the stones is equally humbling and inspiring.
- View innumerable species of tropical plants and flowers, insects, and butterflies in the sprawling kingdom of the Amazonian rainforest.
- Fly through the jungle on a short zip line basket ride and enjoy a rafting trip on a traditional balsa log raft down the waters of the Amazon.
- Spend some time in Lima, a mixture of old-school colonial architecture and a vibrant modern arts and culture scene.
- Stand on the centre of the Earth’s latitude line in Ecuador. You’ll be staying in the beautiful city of Quito, nestled in the foothills of the mighty Andes.
- Learn about the Ancient Incas at Cuzco, a fascinating glimpse into how the world operated millenias ago.
- Soak your cares away in the hot thermal springs of Papallacta, where you can gaze out over stunning vistas of the Andes mountains.
Welcome to sunny Ecuador! On arrival you will be met by your tour guide and transferred to your hotel. Enjoy the rest of the day to yourself to settle in.
The morning’s tour begins with a visit to the colonial section of Quito. Walk along the narrow cobblestone streets and feel the charm of 16th-century city, set in the foothills of the mighty Andes. See the Independence Plaza, the Cathedral, Presidential Palace, and the Archbishop’s Palace before visiting La Compania Church (depending on local conditions and holidays, the visit to La Compania Church may be replaced with a visit to the Church of San Francisco). Afterward, see the Middle of the World Monument, located at a latitude of 0o where you can stand with one foot in the Northern and one in the Southern Hemisphere.
After breakfast, transfer by bus to La Punta Ahuano on the Napo River where you will board a canoe that will take you to your Amazon lodge. Enjoy the serene tranquility that the lodge has to offer and prepare to be amazed by both the wildlife and the culture inherent to the Amazon. In the afternoon, visit Ahuano to have the opportunity to meet a local Quechua family and learn about their way of life first hand before returning to the hotel.
Please note: upon arrival the lodge is approximately a 5 -10 minute walk uphill from where passengers will exit the canoe.
Wake refreshed this morning ready to discover the mighty Amazon region. After a short canoe ride, you will hike through the rainforest for approximately two hours while viewing the beautiful flora and fauna up close. The Amazon rainforest is the world’s largest ecosystem, so be sure to keep an eye out for the innumerable species of tropical plants and flowers, insects, and butterflies. Enjoy the views as you cross suspended bridges and fly through the jungle on a short zip line basket ride. At the end of the hike, enjoy a rafting trip on a traditional balsa log raft. Enjoy the rest of the afternoon at leisure or consider a visit to the Butterfly Farm or the Amazoonico Animal Rescue Center.
Please note: this is an active hike and sections of the path include steps. Also, those who participate in the rafting trip will need to step through the water to reach the raft and will get wet during the ride.
This morning, board a canoe for the short trip to La Punta Ahuano and enjoy a scenic drive through small towns and villages to Papallacta, tucked away in the Andes Mountains. Enjoy the natural hot springs and have lunch before transferring to Quito Airport for your flight to Lima. Upon arrival, you will be transferred to your new hotel. Enjoy the rest of the day at your own pace.
Please note: a swimsuit is required to enter the Termas de Papallacta Spa and Thermal Pool.
Welcome to Peru, a country of incredible contrasts and astounding treasures. This morning’s tour of Lima begins at the colonial center of the city, declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site, with its historic buildings surrounding the splendid Plaza Mayor. View the impressive Palace of the Archbishop with its fine carved balcony, the opulent Government Palace, official residence of the President, and the 16th century Cathedral of Lima which had its first stone laid by Pizarro. Continue to the 17th century Monasterio de San Francisco complex to view the magnificent tiles, ornate carved ceilings, exceptional paintings and world-renowned library. Spend the remainder of the day at leisure or join an optional activity later in the day.
Optional activities: Larco Herrera Museum / Peruvian Dinner & Show
Housed in a restored 18th century mansion, Larco Herrera is considered the best museum in Lima. Admire the world’s largest collection of pre-Columbian masterpieces and a stunning exhibition of gold and priceless jewels.
Later, the optional Peruvian dinner features delicious local specialties along with a delightful musical performance.
This morning, transfer to the airport for your flight to Cuzco, the ancient capital of the Incan Empire and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Time permitting, you may get the chance to meet children at a local school before transferring to your hotel. The balance of the day is yours to enjoy at leisure or join today’s optional activity.
Optional activity: Highlights of Cuzco Tour
Visit the Colonial Cathedral, Temple of the Sun, and the impressive fortress of Sacsayhuaman.
Today is the day you have been waiting for! Early this morning, transfer to the Sacred Valley’s Ollanta Station and board the Inca Rail Executive Train bound for the ancient citadel of Machu Picchu where you will arrive early afternoon. Also known as “The Lost City of the Incas”, Machu Picchu was built circa 1450 and abandoned only 100 years later. The purpose of this splendid city is still a mystery to modern historians, and it’s still one of the most mystical and enigmatic historical sites in the world. Explore the ancient citadel and marvel at the imposing Temple of the Sun, the House of the Priest, the Sacred Plaza and the intricately carved rock likely used as a sundial by the ancient Incas. Take in the sweeping views of the verdant valley below before returning to your hotel in Aguas Calientes for dinner this evening.
Please note: the tour will spend approximately 3-4 hours in the ancient ruins at Machu Picchu.
This morning, enjoy a little time at leisure before departing Aguas Calientes for your return to Cuzco. Upon arrival in Cuzco, you will be transferred to your hotel. Enjoy the remainder of the evening at leisure.
This morning you will be taken to the airport for your flight back to Lima and transfer to your hotel. Enjoy this last evening with a decadent Farewell Dinner with your tour group and manager.
Today your South American adventure comes to an end as you transfer to the airport to board your scheduled flight back to Australia.
Arrive back in Australia.
B = Breakfast L = Lunch D = Dinner
Machu Picchu – need we say more? Our link to the Ancient Incan Empire at its peak, the citadel is a mind-blowing example of craftsmanship. Built into a tropical mountain overlooking the sprawling Sacred Valley, the stones fit so perfectly together than you can’t fit a piece of paper between them, even today.
Hidden from the world until 1911, scholars are still striving to discover the secrets behind this ‘lost city’. Whatever the reason for its creation, as you stand amongst the ruins and gaze out over the mountains, you will without doubt feel that this was once a very special and significant place.
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Valid for two people, twin share
- Subject to availability
- Not valid with any other offer
- Flights are economy class with Qantas, LATAM Airlines or Air New Zealand
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Travel insurance – highly recommended
- Anything else not listed in the itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Your Holiday is Safe with Kogan Travel
International Flights Included
Kogan Travel Booking Guarantee
If, within 14 days of purchasing Your Kogan Travel offer (Guarantee Period) You have been unable to secure Your preferred travel dates, and have not confirmed a booking, We will issue You with a full refund to the face-value of Your voucher purchase.
ATAS - Travel Accredited
AFTA - The Australian Federation of Travel Agents
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.