Added to Cart
More deals you may like
Whispers in the Wilderness
This product is shipped via the most economical route and is estimated to be delivered within 2-3 weeks of placing your order.
“The book is profound in its wisdom and beauty.” —Independent Book Publishers Association awards reviewer
Take a journey with Whispers in the Wilderness, a multi award-winning book filled with gorgeous color photos of the natural world and writing that will inspire you to reconnect with nature and your deepest self.
- IBPA Benjamin Franklin Award: Best inspirational book of the year
- National Indie Excellence Awards: Gold award for best gift book of the year
- National Indie Excellence Awards: Gold award for best inspirational book of the year
- The Nautilus Book Awards: Silver award for arts and photography
- CIPA Awards: Second place for motivational and inspirational books
- Foreword INDIES Book of the Year Awards: Finalist
When we finally escape our busy lives and stand in the presence of untamed nature something wells up from deep within us, a sense of hope, goodness and inspiration. In this book, author and photographer Erik Stensland reflects on his own experience of wilderness and how it seems to call all of us towards healing and wholeness. Through short articles paired with stunning imagery, he invites us to explore this common longing we all have for the wilderness. You will hear echoes of the voices of naturalist John Muir, essayist Henry David Thoreau, mystic and theologian Thomas Merton and many others. It addresses that core, unchanging depth within and its connection to the wild world. Whispers in the Wilderness is a book that you will treasure for many years and will want to share with family and friends.