Added to Cart
More deals you may like
Time Pieces Vol.2-Live In The Seventies
This product is shipped via the most economical route and is estimated to be delivered within 2-3 weeks of your order leaving the warehouse.
Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door
If I Don’t Be There By Morning
Rambling On My Mind
Presence Of The Lord
Can’t Find My Way Home
- Personnel includes: Eric Clapton (vocals, guitar); Albert Lee (vocals, guitar, keyboards); Yvonne Elliman (vocals); George Terry (guitar); Dick Sims (organ); Chris Stainton (keyboards); Carl Radle, Dave Markee (bass); Jamie Oldaker, Henry Spinetti (drums); Marcy Levy (tambourine).
- Derek And The Dominos: Eric Clapton (vocals, guitar); Bobby Whitlock (vocals, organ); Carl Radle (bass); Jim Gordon (drums).
- Recorded at live Fillmore East, New York, New York in 1971 and Budokan Theatre, Tokyo, Japan in December 1979.
- Personnel: Eric Clapton (vocals, guitar); Albert Lee (vocals, guitar, keyboards); Bobby Whitlock (vocals, organ); Yvonne Elliman (vocals); George Terry (guitar); Dick Sims (organ); Chris Stainton, Chris Stalton (keyboards); Dave Markee (bass guitar); Jamie Oldaker, Jim Gordon , Henry Spinetti (drums); Marcy Levy (tambourine).
- Audio Mixers: Jon Astley; Philip Chapman.
- Audio Remasterers: Andy Knight ; Richard Manwaring; Tom Dowd.
- Recording information: Budokan Theatre, Tokyo, Japan (1971-1979); Fillmore East, New York, NY (1971-1979).
- Arranger: Eric Clapton.
- Like its predecessor, TIME PIECES VOLUME II focuses on Eric Clapton’s ’70s output. The difference is that Clapton’s live work from three separate concert performances is given the spotlight on this particular compilation. Starting chronologically, with a transcendent Derek & The Dominoes version of “Presence Of The Lord” recorded at a 1971 Fillmore East show, these live tracks reflect Clapton’s desire to get away from the “guitar god” image that was at its height during his time in Cream. The second, uncredited 1974 performance found E.C. plumbing the emotional depths of “Can’t Find My Way Home” and turning in a romantic reading of Charlie Chaplin’s “Smile,” an unusual choice for an artist more associated more with Little Walter than the Little Tramp. The final performance is from a 1979 Budokan show where Clapton’s set included everything from a pair of Dylan songs (“Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door,” “If I Don’t Be There By Morning”) to a traditional blues number (“Rambling On My Mind.”)
Producer: Jon Astley, Tom Dowd
Format: CD (1 Disc); Stereo
Guest Artist: Yvonne Elliman; Albert Lee; Marcy Levy
Release Date: 1 July, 1988
Dimensions: 14 × 12.5 × 1.1 centimeters (0.10 kg)