Added to Cart
More deals you may like
This product is shipped via the most economical route and is estimated to be delivered within 2-3 weeks of your order leaving the warehouse.
Good Clean Fun
Let Me Ride
Low Down Dirty Mean
Shine It On
It Ain’t Over Yet
- Also available as a 3-pack with AN EVENING WITH THE ALLMAN BROTHERS BAND-1ST SET and 2ND SET.
- The Allman Brothers Band: Gregg Allman (vocals, Hammond B-3 organ); Dickey Betts (vocals, acoustic, electric & steel guitars); Warren Haynes (vocals, electric & slide guitars); Johnny Neel (piano, Wurlitzer piano, synthesizer, background vocals); Allen Woody (electric, fretless, 5- & 8-string basses); Butch Trucks (drums, timpani); Jaimoe (drums, percussion).
- Additional personnel: Mark Morris (percussion); Duane Betts.
- The reunited Allman Brothers’ first studio album in nine years proved to be one of their strongest sets ever, setting the stage for their ’90s resurgence as one of rock’s best live acts. The title song is a folk gospel number with much harmony singing (unusual for the Allmans), while “True Gravity” is a virtuoso instrumental that makes hair-pin turns between two chord blues rock vamps and skittering unison jazz riffs.
- Although guitarist Dickie Betts wrote or co-wrote most of the songs, the rest of the material here isn’t at all country-tinged. In fact, this is one of the band’s bluesiest albums ever, from the old-time boogie woogie of “Let Me Ride,” to “Low Down Dirty Mean,” which begins as minimalist acoustic country blues and ends as a full-bore assault by the entire band.
Producer: Tom Dowd
Format: CD (1 Disc); Stereo
Release Date: 1 February, 2008
Dimensions: 12.1 × 14 × 1.3 centimeters (0.04 kg)