Added to Cart
More deals you may like
This product is shipped via the most economical route and is estimated to be delivered within 2-3 weeks of your order leaving the warehouse.
Welcome to the World
If It Takes a Lifetime
Come on Come on Come On
This Time You Got It
Give It Away
Every Night and Every Day
Dream the Night Away
All Those Years
- Cheap Trick: Rick Neilsen (guitar, background vocals); Tom Petersson (bass guitar); Robin Zander, Bun E. Carlos.
- Personnel: Robin Zander (vocals, guitar, keyboards); Rick Nielsen (guitar, keyboards, background vocals); Tom Petersson (guitar, background vocals); Damon Fox, Kim Bullard (keyboards); Bun E. Carlos (drums, background vocals); Jack Douglas (shaker); Robin Taylor Zander (background vocals).
- Recording information: Bearsville Sound Studios, Bearsville, NY; Big3 Studio, St. Petersburg, FL; Electric Audio, Chicago, IL; Kung Fu Garden, Los Angeles, CA; Long View Farm Recording Studio, North Brookfield, MA; Noise Chamber, Rockford, IL; Studio 419, Nashville, TN; Sunset Sound, Hollywood, CA.
- Illustrator: John “Woog” Johnson.
- Largely rudderless and in label limbo since the early 1990s, Cheap Trick showed new signs of life on 2003’s SPECIAL ONE, an album that found the long-running rock band signed to Big 3 Records. This relationship clearly served the group well, since ’06’s ROCKFORD, named after Cheap Trick’s Illinois hometown, sees the band proudly returning to its power-pop roots. Tracks such as the hard-rocking “Welcome to the World,” the Beatlesque “O Claire,” and the jubilant “This Time You Got It” are (no kidding) in the same league as the quartet’s classic late-‘70s work, with frontman Robin Zander in fine voice, guitarist Rick Nielsen churning out huge riffs, and the rhythm section of bassist Tom Petersson and drummer Bun E. Carlos sounding as tight as ever. Those who had written off Cheap Trick as rock has-beens are proven resoundingly wrong with this delightful and wonderfully assured record.
Professional Reviews: Rolling Stone (p.100) – 3.5 stars out of 5 — “[T]heir ability to craft an instantly catchy power-pop tune remains strong.”
Producer: Linda Perry, Steve Albini, Julian Raymond, Christopher Shaw, Jack Douglas, Cheap Trick, Jim “Pinky” Beeman, Linda Perry, Steve Albini, Julian Raymond
Format: CD (1 Disc); Stereo
Release Date: 1 June, 2006
Label: Relativity Entertainment
Dimensions: 12.7 × 13.97 × 1.27 centimeters (0.23 kg)