Added to Cart
More deals you may like
This product is shipped via the most economical route and is estimated to be delivered within 2-3 weeks of your order leaving the warehouse.
Death and Destruction
- This is an Enhanced CD, which contains both regular audio tracks and multimedia computer files.
- Weezer includes: Rivers Cuomo, Pat Wilson, Brian Bell, Scott Shriner.
- Producers include: Weezer, Chad Bamford, Rod Cervera.
- Engineers include: Chad Bamford, Chris Carroll, Carlos “Loco” Bedova.
- Recorded at Cello Studios, Los Angeles, California in December 2001.
- Personnel: Rivers Cuomo, Brian Bell (vocals, guitar); Scott Shriner (vocals); Patrick Wilson (drums).
- Audio Mixer: Tom Lord-Alge.
- Recording information: Cello Studios, Los Angeles, CA (12/2001).
- Photographers: Chris McPherson; Sarah C. Kim; Sean Murphy.
- Weezer has been having it both ways for some time; churning out barn-burning alt-rock riffs while maintaining a degree of ironic distance via their nerdy image and quirky twists and turns. Don’t be fooled by the geek garb, though, head Weezer Rivers Cuomo is the kind of guy who could raid your refrigerator and steal your girlfriend without ever removing his horn-rimmed glasses. MALADROIT finds Cuomo and his post-modern pals continuing to walk that tricky tightrope between rock and “rock.” Whether you believe they mean it or not, the visceral pleasures of the chugging “Dope Nose,” the Gary Glitter rivalry of “Keep Fishin’,” and the white-boy R&B of “Burndt Jamb” are easy to assimilate. And the first pressing comes with the bonus of seven video clips, so what are you waiting for? Put down that pocket protector, slap on your Doc Martens, and go get MALADROIT.
Professional Reviews: Rolling Stone (12/26/02, p.112) – Included in Rolling Stone’s “50 Best Albums of 2002”
Rolling Stone (6/6/02, pp.75-6) – 4 stars out of 5 – “…This album shows the band just absolutely in love with rock and dedicated to upholding its form and spirit….weird in the most palatable, respectful way possible…”
Spin (1/03, p.70) – Ranked #6 on Spin’s list of 2002’s “Albums of the Year”
Spin (6/02, pp.101-2) – 7 out of 10 – “…Cuomo has penned the Pinto-rocking Van Halen record of his dreams…”
Q (12/02, p.69) – Included in Q Magazine’s “50 Best Albums of 2002”
Q (May 2002, p.118) – 4 out of 5 stars – “…Weezer fashion three-minute calling cards to thaw the coldest of hearts…”
CMJ (12/30/02, p.11) – Ranked #9 on CMJ’s “Top 10 of 2002”
CMJ (6/02, p.4) – “…It’s all triumphant, three-chord nerd rock anthems here…drenched in addictive pop hooks, plenty of perky “woah woah” harmonies, and big ‘n’ simple rock riffs….Weezer at its best…MALADROIT is vindicating and rewarding…”
NME (Magazine) (5/18/02, p.36) – 8 out of 10 – “…Cuomo’s most welcome psychotic moodswing to date….A misery-affirming, gut-pummelling, soul-ragged and triumphant return to form…”
Format: CD (1 Disc); Stereo
Release Date: 1 May, 2002
Label: Universal Music Distribution
Dimensions: 12.7 × 13.97 × 1.27 centimeters (0.04 kg)