Added to Cart
More deals you may like
This product is shipped via the most economical route and is estimated to be delivered within 2-3 weeks of your order leaving the warehouse.
Love from the Sun
Like Sugar Rain
Truth, Pt. 2, The
Revival (Hear Our Call)
Love from the Sun (Slowdown)
- Beatless: Alex Attias, Paul Martin.
- Additional personnel includes: Quasimoto, The Daughters, Mark De Clive-Lowe, Jessica Lauren.
- Personnel: Nathan Haines (flute, saxophone); Jessica Lauren, Alex Attias (keyboards); Cameron Undy (electric bass).
- Audio Mixer: Alex Attias.
- Recording information: Freedom Soundz, London, England (02/2001-05/2001).
- Photographer: Carl Fox.
- Beatless is the collective nom de guerre of Alex Attias and Paul Martin, a duo whose various other projects include the groups River Plate and Interfearance. As Beatless, Martin and Attias specialize in a sort of disjointed, Latin-flavored groove music that percolates nicely without engaging the attention in any serious or consistent way. There are lots of lovely moments on this album, including the vaguely North African “I-Wa”; the relatively funky “Southern Breeze”; and a complex, nicely realized cover version of Allen Toussaint’s “Hercules.” But the album’s title track (presented again at the end of the program in an entirely superfluous downtempo remix) is strangely annoying, while the bulk of the album simply floats by on a bed of perfectly competent but unremarkable club beats. Nice, but not essential. ~ Rick Anderson
Professional Reviews: Alternative Press (1/1/02, p.78) – 7 out of 10 – “…LIFE MIRRORS is a good introduction to broken-beat….The pair comes up with a compelling panglobal future-soul album…”
Producer: Alex Attias
Format: CD (1 Disc); Stereo
Release Date: 1 October, 2001
Dimensions: 12.7 × 14.6 × 1.1 centimeters (0.11 kg)