Added to Cart
More deals you may like
In The City [Explicit Version]
This product is shipped via the most economical route and is estimated to be delivered within 2-3 weeks of your order leaving the warehouse.
In The City
Let It Rock
Livin It Up
No Way Out
Welcome To The World
Coffee And Donuts
She Can Get It
Gimme A Sign
- Personnel: Serban Ghenea (guitar); Keleigh Reid (piano, Clavinet, organ); David Delgado (organ); George Martinez, Charles Anderson (drums); Samantha Cohen (background vocals).
- Audio Mixers: Joshua Berkman; Serban Ghenea; John Hanes .
- Recording information: B.A.M.F. Studios, Miami, FL; CMR Studios, Miami, FL; Hit Factory Criteria, Miami, FL; Hovercraft Studios, Virginia Beach, VA.
- Photographer: Chapman Baehler.
- Arranger: Joe Zook.
- A genre-straddling debut from this New York session guitarist turned rock/rap frontman, IN THE CITY splices hip-hop beats to glossy arena rock with multi-tracked guitars and U2- sized choruses. The album’s lead single, “In the City,” features Rudolph trading lines with Lil’ Wayne over seamless `80s-influenced production that splits the difference between Gary Numan’s “Cars” and Jefferson Starship’s “We Built This City.”
Professional Reviews: Entertainment Weekly (p.75) – “[A] weirdly infectious debut that mixes his rap-track know-how with his love of guitar-god theatrics.” — Grade: B+
Billboard (p.45) – “[T]he dozen tracks on his solo debut, on which Rudolf plays nearly everything, hew toward the hooky, tuneful and danceable.”
Q (Magazine) (p.104) – 3 stars out of 5 — “Rudolf’s sound is his own on an album full of scarf-waving choruses, insistent hooks and surprisingly reflective lyrics.”
Producer: Bryan “Birdman” Williams, Slim “Tha Don” Williams
Format: CD (1 Disc); Stereo
Guest Artist: Lil Wayne; Nas; Rick Ross
Release Date: 22 November, 2008
Label: Universal Republic
Dimensions: 12.73 × 14.35 × 0.99 centimeters (0.05 kg)