Added to Cart
More deals you may like
This product is shipped via the most economical route and is estimated to be delivered within 2-3 weeks of your order leaving the warehouse.
Dis’ Place This
Just An Illusion
In The Pocket
- Personnel: Dave Weckl (drums, percussion, programming); Steve Tavaglione (alto, soprano & tenor saxophone, EWI); Scott Alspach (trumpet, flugelhorn); Jay Oliver (piano, organ, keyboards, synthesizer, programming); Anthony Jackson, James Genus (bass); John Patitucci (fretless & acoustic bass).
- Recorded at Mad Hatter Studios, Los Angeles, California.
- Composers: Dave Weckl; Jay Oliver.
- Personnel: Dave Weckl (drums, percussion, percussion programming, loops); Steve Tavaglione (harmonica, soprano saxophone, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, EWI); Scott Alspach (trumpet, flugelhorn); Jay Oliver (piano, organ, keyboards, synthesizer, programming); John Patitucci (acoustic bass, bass guitar, fretless bass); James Genus, Anthony Jackson (bass guitar).
- Audio Mixers: Dave Weckl; Jay Oliver.
- Recording information: Mad Hatter Studios, Los Angeles, CA.
- Unknown Contributor Roles: Scott Alspach; Jay Oliver; James Genus; John Patitucci; Anthony Jackson; Steve Tavaglione.
- What was true of Master Plan is also true of Dave Weckl’s third album as a leader of Hard-Wired — it isn’t the fusion masterpiece Weckl is capable of delivering, but it certainly isn’t bad either. This time, the drummer’s guests include keyboardist Jay Oliver and bassist Anthony Jackson as well as bassist John Patitucci, who like Weckl, was no longer a member of Chick Corea’s Akoustic and Elektric Bands and was making his own albums a priority. The album’s main emphasis is fusion that is fairly accessible, yet substantial and improvisatory. Tunes like the Asian-influenced title song and the groove-oriented “Crazy Horse” weren’t recorded with hard bop’s hard-liners in mind, but at the same time, they don’t pander to NAC radio. As enjoyable as this album is, it isn’t essential. One sensed that Weckl’s best work as a leader was yet to come. ~ Alex Henderson
Producer: Dave Weckl
Format: CD (1 Disc); Stereo
Release Date: 29 March, 1994
Label: GRP (USA)
Dimensions: 14 × 12.6 × 1.1 centimeters (0.04 kg)