Added to Cart
More deals you may like
Ella Swings Brightly with Nelson
This product is shipped via the most economical route and is estimated to be delivered within 2-3 weeks of your order leaving the warehouse.
- “Call Me Darling,” “Somebody Loves Me” and “Cheerful LIttle Earful” are reissue bonus tracks and were not included on the original release of ELLA SWINGS BRIGHTLY WITH NELSON.
- Personnel includes: Ella Fitzgerald (vocals); Ronnie Lang (alto saxophone); Bob Cooper (tenor saxophone); Don Fagerquist (trumpet); Alvin Stoller (drums); The Nelson Riddle Orchestra.
- Compilation producer: Michael Lang.
- Principally recorded in 1961-62. Includes liner notes by James Gavin and original release liner notes by Benny Green.
- Digitally remastered by Phil Schaap.
- ELLA SWINGS BRIGHTLY WITH NELSON is the obvious companion piece to ELLA SWINGS GENTLY WITH NELSON, and the two albums are often repackaged together. Recorded in 1961, when Nelson Riddle was possibly the most popular bandleader in America (thanks to his classic string of albums with Frank Sinatra) and Ella Fitzgerald was widely considered the best female jazz singer in the world, this album shows the pair working at their respective peaks. Riddle had an undeniable gift for arrangements, and the perky charts here fit Fitzgerald’s bubbly delivery and giddy scat solos like the two had worked together for decades. A saucy “Love Me Or Leave Me” and a flirty “I Won’t Dance” are joys, but the deliriously lovely “I Only Have Eyes For You” is an absolute must-own classic. Even the silly answer song “The Gentleman Is A Dope” shines in such company.
Format: CD (1 Disc)
Guest Artist: Nelson Riddle
Release Date: 1 February, 2012