Added to Cart
More deals you may like
You can earn and use Qantas Points at Kogan.com
I cannot imagine being a teacher and not having a resource like this at my fingertips. So my advice to fellow teachers is to get the book and get busy engaging your students in ways you never thought possible. – P. David Pearson University of California, Berkeley This updated edition of Revisit, Reflect, Retell incorporates the newest approaches to enhancing students’ higher- level cognitive skills in teacher friendly ways. – Robert J. Marzano Coauthor of Building Academic Vocabulary This exciting update of Hoy’s classic Revisit, Reflect, Retell helps us see how comprehension skills are really thinking skills – how our goal in reading comprehension instruction is nothing short of helping students learn to think in increasingly sophisticated ways…. A masterful teacher and coach, Hoyt takes us inside her thinking about how instructional strategies fit together to promote student learning. Even if you have a well-worn copy of the original Revisit, Reflect, Retell, you will, like me, want to scoop up this new edition. – Nell K. Duke Co-Director of the Literacy Achievement Research Center at Michigan State University, Coauthor of Reading and Writing Informational Text in the Primary Grades: Research-based Practices For ten years and in hundreds of thousands of classrooms, Revisit, Reflect, Retell has been a teacher’s most reliableresourcefor helping students experience deeper levels of understanding. Now, Linda Hoyt returns with an updated edition of Revisit, Reflect, Retell that’s loaded with new, teacher-friendly features and several new strategies, making it more useful than ever.
- A new first chapter shows how to scaffold instruction for deep engagement and provides a thorough grounding in the research.
- Important new correlation tables directly link Linda’s strategies to the seven comprehension strands as well as to Robert Marzano’s Classifications of Thinking – you’ll quickly match the right strategies to your objectives.
- A DVD shares footage of Linda working with students, demonstrating key teaching moves, and modeling effective classroom language as she implements two new strategies.
- A CD of full-color learning tools from the text makes it easy to customize and print handouts that correspond with the strategies.
- Dozens of new photos show you exactly what Linda’s strategies look like in action and across the grades.
Related CategoriesNon-Fiction > Sociology & AnthropologyNon-Fiction > GardeningGeneralHorrorHealth & Personal DevelopmentLifestyleFiction > Religious & Spiritual Fiction2018 Calendars > 2018 Wall CalendarsSport > MotorsportActionChildren & Teenagers / Young Adults > Stationery & Miscellaneous Items For ChildrenKids & Children > ABC Books KidsStand UpNon-Fiction > Society & CultureBooktopia Gift Guide > Games, Toys and PuzzlesFiction > Thrillers & SuspenseEconomics, Finance, Business and ManagementAnimeNon-Fiction > Mind, Body, SpiritNon-Fiction > Crafts & HandiworkTravelPostcardsCookery/WineBargainsKids & Children > Picture Books & Early Learning