Added to Cart
More deals you may like
You can earn and use Qantas Points at Kogan.com
Probability and Statistics for Data Science: Math + R + Data covers “math stat”-distributions, expected value, estimation etc.-but takes the phrase “Data Science” in the title quite seriously:
* Real datasets are used extensively.
* All data analysis is supported by R coding.
* Includes many Data Science applications, such as PCA, mixture distributions, random graph models, Hidden Markov models, linear and logistic regression, and neural networks.
* Leads the student to think critically about the “how” and “why” of statistics, and to “see the big picture.”
* Not “theorem/proof”-oriented, but concepts and models are stated in a mathematically precise manner.
Prerequisites are calculus, some matrix algebra, and some experience in programming.
Norman Matloff is a professor of computer science at the University of California, Davis, and was formerly a statistics professor there. He is on the editorial boards of the Journal of Statistical Software and The R Journal. His book Statistical Regression and Classification: From Linear Models to Machine Learning was the recipient of the Ziegel Award for the best book reviewed in Technometrics in 2017. He is a recipient of his university’s Distinguished Teaching Award.
Related CategoriesFiction > RomanceMotor RacingAction4K Ultra HD | DramaKids & Children > Picture Books & Early LearningFiction > Fiction-Related ItemsKids & Children > Children's Fiction4K Ultra HD | AdventureTelefantasyJournalsKids & Children > PoetryFiction > Classic FictionOther SportsWorld MusicHorrorDocumentaryModern Classic4K Ultra HD | ComedyHealth & Personal DevelopmentHumanitiesKids & Children > Stationery & Miscellaneous Items For ChildrenNon-Fiction > Animals & NatureFictionText Books > Primary - Top SellersDrones