Added to Cart
More deals you may like
You can earn and use Qantas Points at Kogan.com
A comprehensive occupational therapy textbook that introduces students to core knowledge in the profession and the foundations of practice – the occupations, person factors, and environment factors that support performance, participation, and well-being.
The editors are joined by more than 40 international scholars who bring students, faculty, and practitioners the evidence that supports occupational therapy practice. The PEOP Model is featured as an exemplar of a person-environment-occupation model and provides a valuable roadmap for understanding key concepts and developing strong clinical reasoning skills in the occupational therapy process.
- Examines the theories, models, frameworks, and classifications that support contemporary knowledge of person, environment, and occupational factors.
- Presents detailed chapters on the occupations of children and youth, adults, older adults, organisations, and populations.
- Provides extensive coverage of the person factors (psychological, cognition, sensory, motor, physiological, spirituality) and environment factors (culture, social, physical, policy, technology) that support occupational performance.
- Includes exceptional content on the essentials of professional practice: therapeutic use of self, evidence-based practice, professionalism, lifelong development, ethics, business fundamentals, and critical concepts.
- Introduces emerging practice areas of self-management, community-based practice, technology, and teaching/learning and opportunities to work with organizations and populations.
- Incorporates international and global perspectives on core knowledge and occupational therapy practice.
- Documents assessments, interventions, resources, and evidence in user-friendly tables.
- Uses simple and complex cases to illustrate key concepts and ideas.
- Individual chapters on each person factor and environment factor and occupations across the lifespan.
- Expanded coverage of approaches for organizations and populations and entry-level professional skills.
- Consistent framework of tables and language across chapters and sections.
- Additional teaching materials available at www.efacultylounge.com, including PowerPoint presentations. .
Related CategoriesNon-Fiction > Self-Help & Personal DevelopmentMiscellaneous Items > Calendars, Diaries, Journals, Stationery ItemsNon-Fiction > Cooking, Food & DrinkNon-Fiction > Earth Sciences & EnvironmentKids & Children > Dr SeussNon-Fiction > Comedy & HumourNon-Fiction > EconomicsKids & Children > Children's Non-Fiction2020 Calendars > 2020 Wall CalendarsComedyFootballNon-Fiction > Antiques & CollectablesFiction > Action & Adventure4K Ultra HD | ComedySport > FitnessEconomics, Finance, Business and ManagementNon-Fiction > Social Services & WelfareKids & Children > My Little PonyNotepaper and Stationery SetsDronesFiction > Contemporary Women's Fiction Fiction > Fiction-Related ItemsNon-Fiction > Business & ManagementNon-Fiction > ScienceFeature