Added to Cart
NEPAL: 14 Day Everest Base Camp Trek (For Two)
NEPAL: 14 Day Everest Base Camp Trek (For Two)
Conquer the Himalayas.
$2,198Valued at $5,353
Accomplish something truly special on this once-in-a-lifetime Everest Base Camp Trek that rewards adventurers with some of the most inspiring views on the planet.
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Trek to Everest Base Camp with Highly Experienced Guides and Porters
- All Accommodation throughout the Journey Including Lodge Stays with Local Nepali Families
- Breathtaking Scenic Flight over the Himalayas to Lukla
- 2 Nights of Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu with Daily Breakfast
- 11 Nights of Accommodation in Local Lodges/Guest Houses
- Return Flights from Kathmandu to Lukla
- Experienced Guides and Porter Every Step of The Way (One Porter per 2 Trekkers)
- Return Airport Transfers
- All Necessary Permits, Conservation Entry Point Fees, Taxes, TIMS, VAT and Taxes
- Kathmandu – Samsara Resort or similar
- Trekking – local lodges/guest houses run by Nepali families
- Available for one of the following tour start dates:
- 5, 7, 11 17, 23 December
- 3 , 11, 17, 27 January
- 3, 9, 19, 27 February
- 5, 11, 17, 23, 29 March
- 5, 7, 11, 15, 19, 23, 27 April
- 5, 13, 19, 26 May
- 3, 19 June
- 5, 9, 17, 29 September
- 5, 9, 11, 17, 19, 21, 27, 31 October
- 5, 9, 11, 17, 21, 25, 29 November
- 5, 9, 11, 15, 19, 23, 29 December
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact email@example.com or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Your tour provider, Outfitter Nepal, boasts an impressive 5 Star TripAdvisor Traveller Rating, so you know you’ll be in the best hands while trekking.
- Overload your senses in Kathmandu as you visit ancient temples, holy stupas and fascinating world heritage sites.
- Be blown away by the view from Namche Bazaar, a quaint village nestled on moon-shaped mountain slopes that look over the mighty mountains of Kathmandu.
- Feel the rush and satisfaction of reaching the pinnacle of your journey at Everest Base Camp. Upon reaching the hallowed ground take a moment to realise your accomplishment and admire the otherworldly view before you.
Namaste from beautiful Nepal! On arrival at Kathmandu International Airport you will be met by your guide and transferred to your hotel for an evening to relax.
Your day starts bright and early this morning, as you head to the airport for your scenic flight to Lukla (2,886m). Your first views of the Himalayas from above will be sure to take your breath away. On arrival, meet your trekking crew, and begin the three and half hour trek up to Phakding following the Dudh Koshi River. Arrive in Phakding this afternoon with plenty of time to relax before tomorrow’s trekking.
Your trek continues along the Dudh Koshi River this morning, and after a few river crossings you will reach Jorsale for a rest stop around midday. Continue trekking through pine forests this afternoon, before arriving at the village of Namche Bazaar (3,440m), your destination for the evening.
The Namche is tucked between two ridges amidst the giant peaks of the Khumbu, and has an abundance of lodges, tea shops and souvenir shops as well as boasting magnificent scenery of the surrounding mountains. It’s an ideal place to spend a rest day acclimatising to the altitude, before your trek continues tomorrow. Those who wish to may join a two hour hike up to Khumjung Village through Everest View Hotel, for fantastic views of Mt. Everest and Khumbu Glacier. In the afternoon you will have free time to explore Namche, or to take a short hike to the top of the village for a visit to the Sherpa Museum. If you are lucky enough to be in town on a Saturday, you can spend the day with the locals enjoying the Hatt markets.
After an uphill climb from the village in the morning, the trail gently levels out offering panoramic views of Thamserku, Kantega, and Kusum Kangrib. After a few hours zigzagging along a level path, your trail descends to the Dudh Koshi River. After a short pitstop, walk uphill through pine and rhododendron forests before arriving in Thyangboche (3,867m). This destination is well worth the afternoon of hard work, as you’ll be greeted with amazing views of Ama Dablam Mountain and the Thyangboche Monastery.
Set out from Thyangboche this morning with a descent through rhododendron forests to cross the suspension bridge over the raging Imja Khola River. Walk past a long Mani stone wall leading to the village of Pangboche, before continuing your journey through mountain pastures to Dingboche (4,260m).
Today is a chance to rest and relax before one of the biggest legs of your journey. Those eager to explore may wish to take a short walk up to the Island Peak for some breathtaking views of the north face of Ama Dablam and the Lhotse-Nuptse Ridge. A hike up to Chhukum is also on offer, for panoramic views of the Island peak, Ama Dablam, Makalu, Tawoche Peak and others. It is important to have at least one hike during the day for your body to adjust to the altitude, before spending the remainder of your day relaxing.
Your trail leads you north on a gentle uphill slope today, past a mani-prayer stupa looking down to Pheriche Village below. Today’s walk offers views of the spectacular peaks of Mt. Taboche, Ama Dablam, Pokalde, Kongma Tse and the great wall of Nuptse. After two hours of walking, the trail from Pheriche joins near Dugla, before a small wooden bridge over the Khumbu Glacier. Then continue for an hour up a steep hill to the top, where you will be rewarded with views of Mt. Pumori and other peaks west of Everest. After a short break, continue trekking up to Lobuche (4,930m) to spend the night.
Start your day’s trekking following the rocky Moraine Path, above the icy Khumbu Glacier below, before your trail leads you downhill to Gorakshep (5,164m) for a rest stop. Check into your lodge, before making your way to Everest Base Camp (5,380m) – the most exhilarating moment of your adventure! For those that make the trek during the expedition seasons (March to May), you will also see the colourful tented town. After time to explore the glacier and take in your achievement, make our way back to Gorakshep for a well-earned rest.
Early this morning, climb to Kala Patthar (5,545m) for a sunrise you will never forget. From this vantage point you will have a breathtaking panoramic view of the morning sun creeping over Everest, and the many other peaks in the region. After sunrise, trek back down to Gorakshep for a break, before you continue on to Pheriche this afternoon.
Your trekking today consists of an easy descent through rhododendron forests to Thyangboche. Enjoy a short break here to take in views of the stunning peaks of Ama Dablam, before continuing through green pastures on to Namche where you will spend the night.
Today is the last day of your trek! The path is fairly gentle except for few short uphill climbs, before descending to cross a suspension bridge over the Bhote-Koshi River. Your final uphill climb will bring you to Lukla, to enjoy your last night in the mountains and celebrate a successful trek.
Board your morning flight for Kathmandu (please note: this is always weather dependent and delays can occur so it’s important to always have a spare day or two free to allow for this possibility). From Kathmandu airport you’ll be transferred you to the hotel where you have the rest of the day to yourself.
Head to the airport and board you flight back home to Australia, full of memories of your epic Everest adventure.
B = Breakfast
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
Planning Your Journey:
- Please book international flights to arrive and depart from Kathmandu International Airport
- The tour starts with an orientation meeting at around 5pm on the first night of the tour and ends after breakfast on the last morning of the tour
- A typical day on trek: pack your bags in the morning, and have breakfast at the lodge. Set off on the day’s trek, walking for approximately 3-4 hours, before stopping for lunch around midday. The afternoon’s walk is generally shorter, and usually arrives at the destination in time for afternoon tea (some days you will arrive as early as midday). The remainder of the afternoon and evening can be spent exploring the village or relaxing. After dinner, the evening will often be spent playing cards and reliving the day’s adventures, before retiring for a well-earned sleep.
- Accommodation during trekking days is basic with minimal facilities. Hot water may not be available.
- Flights between Kathmandu and Luka include 15kg baggage per person, including carry-on luggage
- Please note that planes are sometimes delayed or cancelled due to the unpredictable nature of Nepal’s weather conditions
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Subject to availability
- Not valid with any other offer
- Group size: min 2; max 14
- International flights to Nepal
- Visa (tour operator will provide information on obtaining entry on arrival for Australian passport holders)
- Travel insurance (compulsory to obtain entry visa)
- Tipping – approx $170 per person recommended (not mandatory)
- Meals (cost approx. AUD $300-$450 per person for the duration of the tour, payable locally in Nepalese Rupees. Bottled water can also be purchased at most stops during the trek, or you can bring water purification pills)
- Trekking Equipment – a four seasons sleeping bag and down jacket can be rented for USD $1 per item per day. Please advise if you require these at time of booking confirmation
- Anything not specified in the itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
Your Holiday is Safe with Kogan Travel
Kogan Travel Booking Guarantee
If, within 14 days of purchasing Your Kogan Travel offer (Guarantee Period) You have been unable to secure Your preferred travel dates, and have not confirmed a booking, We will issue You with a full refund to the face-value of Your voucher purchase.
ATAS - Travel Accredited
AFTA - The Australian Federation of Travel Agents
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
People also viewed
AFRICA: Highlights Tour Including Flights for Two (12 Days)
The Ghan – 5 Day Luxury Rail from Adelaide to Darwin Including Flights (Departing ADL, For Two)
CHINA: 10 Day Discovery Tour Including Flights For Two (MEL/SYD)
CANADA & ALASKA: 18 Day Tour & Cruise Including Flights for Two (Inside Cabin)
Certa PowerPlus 18V Cordless Reciprocating Saw (Skin Only)