Added to Cart
More deals you may like
You can earn and use Qantas Points at Kogan.com
’In his beautifully balanced, clear and broad-ranging account of a fast-changing field, Paul Hodkinson has successfully brought together myriad perspectives with which to critically analyse today’s media culture and media society.’- Sonia Livingstone, Professor of Media & Communication, LSE
Paul Hodkinson’s bestseller is back, once again exploring the concepts and complexities of the media in an accessible, balanced and engaging style. Additions to the Second Edition include:
- A new chapter on advertising and sponsorship
- Extensive revision and updating throughout all chapters
- New material on technologies, censorship, online news, fan cultures and representations of poverty
- Greater emphasis on and examples of digital, interactive and mobile media throughout
- Fully reworked chapter on media, community and difference
- Up-to-date examples covering everything from social media, contemporary advertising, news events and mobile technologies, to representations of class, ethnicity and gender.
Combining a critical survey of the field with a finely judged assessment of cutting-edge developments, this Second Edition cements its reputation as the must-have text for any undergraduate student studying media, culture and society.
Related CategoriesLifestyle2020 Calendars > 2020 Wall CalendarsReality ShowNon-Fiction > Library & Info SciencesUnknown Default Category4K Ultra HD | ThrillerFiction > Action & AdventureAnimatedText Books > Secondary - Top SellersHealth & Personal DevelopmentNon-Fiction > Accounting & FinancePostcardsNon-Fiction > EconomicsAdventureEducationalComedyNon-FictionFeatureNon-Fiction > Computing & I.T.Fiction > Classic FictionFictionAnimationNon-Fiction > Crafts & HandiworkCultNon-Fiction > Cooking, Food & Drink