Added to Cart
More deals you may like
You can earn and use Qantas Points at Kogan.com
This fourth edition of the bestselling Mathematics in Early Years Education provides an accessible introduction to the teaching of mathematics in the early years. Covering all areas of mathematics – number and counting, calculation, pattern, shape, measures and data handling – it provides a wide range of practical activities and guidance on how to support young children’s mathematical development. There is also guidance on managing the transition to KS1 and a strong emphasis throughout on creating home links and working in partnership with parents.
This new edition has been fully updated to incorporate the latest research and thinking in this area and includes:
- why mathematics is important as a way of making sense of the world
- how attitudes to mathematics can influence teaching and learning
- how children learn mathematics and what they are capable of learning
- how technology can support maths teaching
- maths phobia and the impact society has on maths teaching
- material on sorting, matching and handling data
- the importance of educating about finance in today’s world
- ideas for observation and questioning to assess children’s understanding
- examples of planned activities
- suggestions for language development
- assessment criteria.
This textbook is ideal for those training to be teachers through an undergraduate or PGCE route, those training for Early Years Professional Status and those studying early childhood on foundation or honours degrees, as well as parents looking to explore how their young children learn mathematics. This will be an essential text for any early years practitioner looking to make mathematics interesting, exciting and engaging in their classroom.
Related CategoriesNon-Fiction > Biographies & True StoriesNon-Fiction > HistoryFiction > Religious & Spiritual FictionFiction > Modern & Contemporary FictionAustralian Film & TVWorld MusicNon-Fiction > Industry & Industrial StudiesNon-Fiction > Mind, Body, SpiritKids & Children > Reference MaterialSociety & Social SciencesIndoor PastimesFiction > Action & AdventureStage MusicalsNon-Fiction > Earth Sciences & EnvironmentNon-Fiction > PsychologyNon-Fiction > Travel Maps & AtlasesNotebooksKids & Children > Children's FictionNon-Fiction > DictionariesFamilyMotor RacingHumanitiesFiction > Fantasy FictionForeignBooktopia Gift Guide > Father's Day