Added to Cart
More deals you may like
Ann Rule presents a collection of fascinating and disturbing true-crime stories-drawn from her real-life personal files-in this seventeenth volume in the #1 New York Times bestselling Crime Files series.
In this gripping collection of investigative accounts from her private archives, “America’s best true-crime writer” (Kirkus Reviews) exposes the most frightening aspect of the murderous mind: the waiting game. Trusted family members or strangers, these cold-blooded killers select their unsuspecting prey, wait for the perfect moment to strike, then turn normality into homicidal mayhem in a matter of moments. Ann Rule will have you seeing the people and places around you with heightened caution as you read these shattering cases, including:
* New mothers murdered, their infants kidnapped, in an atrocious baby-selling scheme
* The man who kept his criminal past hidden from his wife-and his wife from his mistress-until he coldly disposed of one of them
* The beautiful daughter of a State Department official ran away from the privileged world she knew and hitched a ride with a man she didn’t . . . with fatal consequences
* For months, a vicious, rage-filled serial rapist eluded police and terrorized Seattle’s women-when would he strike next, and how far would his violence escalate?
* A criminal known for his Houdini-like escapes is serving time for murder in a botched robbery-now the convict is being served dinner in a civilian’s home, where he has one more trick up his sleeve
* A long-lost relative who came home to visit, leaving a bloody trail through Washington and Oregon; no one realized how dangerous he and his ladylove were-until it was far too late. . . .
With her ability to translate the most complex cases into storytelling “as dramatic and chilling as a bedroom window shattering at night” (The New York Times), Rule expertly analyzes the thoughts and deeds of the
sociopath, in this seventeenth essential Crime Files volume.
Related CategoriesFiction Books > Historical FictionFiction > Crime & MysteryNon-Fiction > Biographies & True StoriesStage MusicalsKids & Children > ABC Books KidsKids & Children > ABC KidsNon-Fiction > Warfare & DefenceKids & Children > Stationery & Miscellaneous Items For ChildrenGift Books & CardsScience/SpaceChildrenChildren & Teenagers / Young Adults > Stationery & Miscellaneous Items For ChildrenNon-Fiction Books > MathematicsChildren & Teenagers / Young Adults > LEGONon-Fiction > Education2019 Calendars > 2019 Wall CalendarsNon-Fiction Books > DictionariesFiction > Fiction in Translation and Short StoriesKids & Children > PoetryNon-Fiction Books > Language & LinguisticsText Books > Pre-School & Day-CareLifestyleNon-Fiction > Crafts & HandiworkChildren & Teenagers / Young Adults > Premier's Reading ChallengeThe Holiday Haven > Boredom Busters