Added to Cart
More deals you may like
Lonely Planet India Phrasebook & Dictionary is your passport to the most relevant phrases and vocab for all your travel needs. Get more from your trip with easy-to-find phrases for eating like a Maharaja, joining in with some of the multitude of festivals and celebrations throughout the country, and bargaining your way through the thousands of colourful markets
all with your trusted travel companion. With language tools in your back pocket, you can truly get to the heart of wherever you go, so begin your journey now!
Coverage Includes: Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Kashmiri, Konkani, Malayalam, Marathi, Marwari (Rajasthani), Oriya, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu and Urdu.
Organised by language, this one-stop resource makes travelling through multiple countries simple. With each language you can:
- Feel at ease with essential tips on culture, manners, idioms and multiple meanings
- Order with confidence, explain food allergies, and try new foods with the menu decoder
- Save time and hassles with vital phrases at your fingertips
- Never get stuck for words with the 400-word two-way, quick-reference dictionary
- Be prepared for common and emergency travel situations with practical phrases and terminology
- Meet friends with conversation starter phrases
- Get your message across with easy-to-use pronunciation guides
Inside Lonely Planet India Phrasebook & Dictionary:
- Full-colour throughout
- User-friendly layout organised by travel scenario categories
- Survival phrases inside front cover for at-a-glance on-the-fly cues
- Language map for quick reference
- Basics - time, dates, numbers, pronunciations, reading tips, grammar rules, common language difficulties
- Practical - sightseeing, banking, post office, internet, phones, repairs, bargaining, accommodation, directions, border crossing, transport
- Social - meeting people, interests, feelings, opinions, going out, romance, culture, weather
- Safe Travel – emergencies, police, doctor, chemist, dentist, symptoms, conditions
- Food - ordering, at-the-market, at the-bar, dishes, ingredients
The Perfect Choice:Lonely Planet India Phrasebook & Dictionary, a pocket-sized, comprehensive multi-language guide, provides on-the-go language assistance. Great for language students and travellers looking to interact with locals and immerse themselves in local culture.
- Looking for just a few of the languages covered in this phrasebook? Check out Lonely Planet’s individual phrasebooks for Hindi, Urdu & Bengali.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet is the world’s leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, and has been connecting travellers and locals for over 25 years with phrasebooks for 120 languages.
Related CategoriesNon-Fiction Books > Politics & GovernmentText Books > Higher Education & Vocational TextbooksNon-Fiction > Arts & EntertainmentFiction Books > Action & AdventureFiction Books > Fiction in Translation and Short StoriesSpecial Interest2019 Calendars > 2019 Wall Calendars4K Ultra HD | Sci FiNon-Fiction Books > MathematicsSociety & Social SciencesNon-Fiction > EconomicsNon-Fiction Books > HistoryFiction Books > RomanceNon-Fiction > Self-Help & Personal DevelopmentBargains > Academia & KnowledgeWarChildren & Teenagers / Young Adults > Dr SeussSketchbooksScience/SpaceSport > MotorsportBargains > Kids and TeensBooktoberfest Sale > Kids and Teens2020 Calendars > 2020 Wall CalendarsFiction Books > Erotic FictionCookery/Wine