Added to Cart
More deals you may like
Hurraw! Lip Balm Papaya Pineapple 4.3g x 24 Counter Unit
- Hurraw! Balm launched in 2010 out of pure intent; an obsession to create the perfect balm: truly natural vegan made from premium raw and organic ingredients.
- It also had to meet some tough criteria…long lasting not sweet never grainy pocket melt proof…and the list goes on.To ensure the quality and integrity of our product we manufacture fresh and individually pour each tube of Hurraw! balm in our dedicated NOP and EcoCert certified facility.
- Our priority is to make Hurraw! the finest balm available..
- a great product to be used by everyone regardless of lifestyle.
- Hurraw! Balm criteria:All natural vegan raw premium fair trade ingredients super smooth not draggy not sticky not sweet not too glossy not too smelly never grainy long lasting & no melting in the back jean pocket! Hurraw!Papaya Pineapple Lip BalmOur papaya pineapple balm contains cold pressed papaya seed oil which has loads of moisturizing essential fatty acids and is great for the skin.
- Papaya seed oil also contains the enzyme papain which is keen to quiet inflammation.
- The juicy duo of cold pressed papaya seed oil and natural pineapple flavour makes for a tropical treat!But we want to clarify a few things A genuine paw paw is a North American fruit from a tree (Asimina triloba) native to the East Coast.
- There is also a Mountain paw paw fruit tree (Vasconcellea pubescens) native to South America…
- BUT most commonly paw paw is just another name for the good ol’ papaya fruit (Carica papaya)
- The kind you and I are used to seeing in the grocery store and the kind that is referred to as ‘paw paw’ down under.
- Let us break it down for you.
- Papaya (paw paw) leaf extract is just that extract from the leaf of the papaya plant often used for its medicinal properties.
- The papaya leaf is masticated and basically juiced.
- That juice is consumed straight or sold as a liquid or dried/powdered and sold in capsules/tablets.
- The leaf can also be extracted in alcohol like other herbal extracts.
- It contains many compounds and is commonly hailed for its supposed cancer fighting abilities.
- There is also papaya (paw paw) fruit ‘extract’ used in many cosmetic formulas.
- The main constituent is: Papain.
- Papain is an enzyme that breaks down proteins.
- Papain is derived from the papaya fruit leaf roots seeds (oil) and latex of the papaya plant in varying concentrations.
- Papain is commonly gathered from the green fruit of the papaya; this is when the enzyme content is highest.
- To get this extract the green papaya fruit is blended dried and powdered.
- The powder is consumed for its anti-inflammatory and digestive aid properties.
- So papain does what? Papain is often used topically in cosmetics to ‘break down’ old skin cells (protein) which is why your skin can feel so soft after using a product that contains it (it’s also commonly used as a meat tenderizer)
- Although it’s tough to know where the papain in many cosmetics comes from..
- it is if papaya based most likely the fruit (as opposed to the leaf root latex etc.)
- But here’s the thing.
- Paw paw leaf extract paw paw fruit extract papaya extract papain etc..
- are water based components and not compatible for use in our balms (powders and extracts don’t dissolve in oils)
- We could put some green papaya enzyme powder in the balms..
- but it won’t do much for you as it would just be hanging out as an inert element.
- Tried and tested.
- What IS great for skin is papaya (paw paw) seed oil and this balm contains lots of it! Made with organic vegan & raw ingredients.
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Australia Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesMake Up & CosmeticsHair Dryers & StylersAromatherapySoapOral CareMen's FragranceScales (Bathroom)Ladies FragrancePersonal Care & HygieneSkin CareSupplementsMen's Skin CareScales (Kitchen)Hair CareBody CareShampoo & ConditionersEye, Ear & Nose CareGrooming & ShavingMakeup & CosmeticsCandles & Home FragrancesMassage & RelaxationJewellery CleanersHome ScentsMedical & First AidBathroom Accessories