Added to Cart
More deals you may like
You can earn and use Qantas Points at Kogan.com
For this new fourth edition, expert instructor and librarian Peggy Johnson has revised and fully updated this textbook to provide a timely and valuable new resource for LIS students and professionals.
Each chapter offers complete introductory coverage of one aspect of collection development and management, before including numerous suggestions for further reading and study. A range of practical case studies are included to illustrate and explore all of the issues discussed.
Content covered includes:
- traditional management topics including organization of the collection, demonstrating value, staffing, and policymaking
- cooperative collection development and management
- licenses, negotiation, contracts, maintaining productive relationships with vendors and publishers, and other important purchasing and budgeting topics
- changes in information delivery and access technologies and how they continue to reshape the discipline
- the evolving needs and expectations of library users
- new roles for subject specialists
- marketing, liaison activities, and outreach.
Related CategoriesNon-Fiction > Lantern PublishingBargainsFiction > Fiction-Related ItemsKids & Children > LEGONon-Fiction > EconomicsFiction > Crime & MysteryKids & Children > Children's Non-FictionNon-Fiction > Crafts & HandiworkNon-Fiction > Reference & EncyclopaediasNon-Fiction > Mind, Body, SpiritNon-Fiction > Local Interest TopicsNon-Fiction > Industry & Industrial StudiesNon-Fiction > ArchaeologyNon-Fiction > MathematicsText Books > Higher Education & Vocational TextbooksJournalsNon-Fiction > Comedy & HumourSpecial InterestBooktopia's Favourites > Babies and ToddlersFiction > Action & AdventureStage Musicals4K Ultra HD | ComedyNon-Fiction > Family & HealthBooktopia Gift Guide > Non-FictionWildlife