Added to Cart
More deals you may like
You can earn and use Qantas Points at Kogan.com
Makes research accessible-even enjoyable-to all nursing students!
While often greeted with trepidation, the importance of a research project-how it is conducted and its significance to practice-is an essential aspect of nursing and other healthcare arenas. This innovative resource is a user-friendly introduction to evidence-based practice and other types of research-based initiatives that improve patient outcomes. Using a method formed through years of teaching experience, Brenda Marshall translates the difficult and sometimes confusing language of research into everyday vocabulary, linking complicated concepts with easily understood scenarios.
Written in quick-access Fast Facts style, the book presents knowledge in a consistent, step-by-step format characterized by bite-sized information. Each chapter opens with learning objectives that unfold into new concepts, followed by everyday life examples. Fast Facts boxes, systematized tables, and new vocabulary reinforce learning and highlight key concepts. This application-based approach helps students question their preconceived notions about research and then engage in it with a newfound confidence.
- Translates complex research concepts into straightforward language
- Demonstrates clear, step-by-step methods that facilitate successful attainment of research goals
- Helps students to construct an argument, build a theory, and critically explore a belief
- Includes “Tickling Your Research Brain,” presenting easily understandable research experiences
- Promotes self-sufficiency in lifelong learning and achievement
- Written by an instructor whose classes have propelled many successful research careers
Related CategoriesNon-Fiction > Social Services & WelfareNon-Fiction > Warfare & DefenceKids & Children > Premier's Reading ChallengeNon-Fiction > GardeningFiction > Modern & Contemporary FictionHumanitiesChildrenNon-Fiction > Literature, Poetry & PlaysKids & Children > LEGONon-Fiction > HistoryFictionNon-Fiction > Travel Maps & AtlasesNatureThrillerChildren & Teenagers / Young Adults > Stationery & Miscellaneous Items For ChildrenFeatureComedyDramaNon-Fiction > Local Interest TopicsNon-Fiction > Business & ManagementNon-Fiction > MedicineClassicText Books > Primary - Top SellersNon-Fiction > Engineering & TechnologyDrones