Added to Cart
More deals you may like
You can earn and use Qantas Points at Kogan.com
“Finally, a look at grandmothering that is decidedly unsentimental. These clear-eyed essays offer humor and insight as they take on the multigenerational lives many of us now lead.” -Cokie Roberts, author of We Are Our Mothers’ Daughters
In this groundbreaking collection, twenty-seven smart, gutsy writers explode the cliches and tell the real stories about what it’s like to be a grandmother in today’s world. Among the contributors:
- Judith Viorst exposes the high-stakes competition for Most Adored Nana.
- Anne Roiphe learns to keep her mouth shut and her opinions to herself.
- Elizabeth Berg marvels at witnessing her child give birth to her child.
- Judith Guest confesses her failed attempt to be the perfect grandmother.
- Jill Nelson grapples with unforeseen mother-daughter tensions.
- Ellen Gilchrist reveals how grandparenthood has eased her fear of death.
- Beverly Donofrio makes amends for her shortcomings as a teenage mother.
- Bharati Mukherjee transcends her Hindu upbringing to embrace her adopted Chinese granddaughters.
- Mary Pipher deconstructs the role of grandmother in our changing world.
Related CategoriesBargains4K Ultra HD | ActionText Books > Secondary - Top SellersFilm ClassicsText Books > Primary - Top SellersKids & Children > PoetryNon-Fiction > MedicineSport > FitnessKids & Children > ABC Books KidsFiction > Historical FictionMiscellaneous Items > Gift Books and Gift IdeasCasesNon-Fiction > Language & LinguisticsKids & Children > Dr SeussJournalsPostersOther SportsNon-Fiction > Religion & BeliefsCrimeCookery/WineEconomics, Finance, Business and ManagementKids & Children > Reference MaterialNon-Fiction > Cooking, Food & DrinkDrone AccessoriesStage Musicals