Added to Cart
EUROPE: 17 Day Eastern Europe River Cruise & Tour Including Flights for Two (River View)
EUROPE: 17 Day Eastern Europe River Cruise & Tour Including Flights for Two (River View)
Experience the wonders of Eastern Europe in total luxury and comfort.
$12,998Valued at $16,200
Join the latest trend in European holidays as you set sail on a chic, modern floating hotel, taking you to the most iconic destinations on the Danube River in utmost luxury.
- Return International Flights for Two with a Premium Airline
- 8 Day Danube River Luxury Cruise Including All Onboard Meals & Beverages
- 9 Day Tour of Eastern Europe Including 8 Nights of 4 Star Hotel Accommodation
- Return Flights For Two Flying Etihad, Qatar, Emirates or Thai Airways
- 8 Day Danube River Cruise on the MS Monarch Queen or Monarch Empress River Ship Including All Onboard Meals and Beverages
- Choose from Two Room Types for Your Cruise – River View Cabin or French Balcony Cabin
- 9 Day Eastern Europe Tour Including 8 Nights of 4 Star Accommodation with Daily Breakfast
- Exciting Tours with Experienced Tour Guides
- All On-Ground Transfers via Air Conditioned Coach
- Sightseeing and Entrance Fees as Specified in the Itinerary
The MS Monarch Queen & MS Monarch Empress
Your time on board your modern floating hotel will be peppered with port stops in Slovakia, Austria, Hungary, Germany and more!
As you traverse the tranquil waters of the mighty Danube, take advantage of the first class facilities onboard with cocktails in the lounge, read a book on the sundeck, or just kick back in your cabin with the flat screen TV.
All cabins feature outside windows, climate control, flat screen TVs and hair dryers. Simply select between a standard River View Cabin, or a French Balcony Cabin for those wanting a little extra luxury.
- Munich – Azimut City Ost or similar
- Innsbruck – AlpinPark Hotel or similar
- Vienna – Fourside Hotel Vienna Center or similar
- Budapest – Ibis Budapest or similar
- Prague – Hotel Duo or similar
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2017:
- 10, 24 June
- 8 July
- 5 August
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Once you have selected your favourite option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you complete your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and unique booking code
- Please follow the instructions on your email to redeem your voucher
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 517 210.
- See the European countryside at it’s finest as you sail down the tranquil waters of the River Danube, through charming Hungary, Austria and Slovakia.
- Enjoy the ship’s luxurious amenities whilst on board – sip cocktails in the bar-lounge, enjoy chef prepared meals in the restaurant, or soak up some European sunshine on the sundeck.
- Enjoy the fairy tale magic of Prague – one of the most desired travel destinations in Europe. The cobbled streets are home to a lively arts and music culture, towering castle spires, and arguably the best beer that Europe has to offer.
- Explore the fascinating city of Budapest, where opulence and grandeur were once the order of the day, and the magnificent architecture and stunning views are like something from a fairytale romance.
- View some of the the grandest historic buildings in Europe with port stops in Vienna, Salzburg, picturesque Durnstein and medieval Regensburg.
Pack your bags and hop on the plane as you depart for your European adventure.
On arrival in Hungary you will transfer to the port and embark your luxury river ship. Tonight, a gala Welcome Dinner sets the mood for your delightful river cruise.
This morning, enjoy the tranquil scenery as the boat sails along the scenic Danube. In the late afternoon, arrive in Bratislava, capital of Slovakia, a mix of modern and Baroque architecture. This capital city is among the youngest in Europe, yet retains a rich history dating back more than 2000 years. Walk along the cobblestone lanes of the historic town center; view St. Martin’s Cathedral, coronation site of the Kings of Hungary, the 13th century Old Town Hall and the Franciscan church. Enjoy some time to explore this colorful city on your own before returning to the ship for dinner. This evening, the ship will set sail just before midnight.
Your morning tour of romantic Vienna introduces you to this Imperial city with its legendary opulence and elegance. Drive along the famed Ringstrasse, Vienna’s main boulevard lined with magnificent Baroque palaces, parks and monuments. View the lavish Hofburg Palace, and the impressive Vienna Opera House. Continue to majestic St. Stephen’s Cathedral and the Parliament building. Enjoy the afternoon at leisure, or, perhaps join one of the optional tours.
Join the optional tour to the magnificent Schonbrunn Palace, once the summer residence of the Hapsburgs. Visit the gorgeous baroque apartments and stroll through the world-famous manicured gardens. Tonight, perhaps take the opportunity to attend an evening of Viennese culture in the “City of Music” at an optional concert performance of the classical masterpieces of Mozart and Strauss, two of Vienna’s most famous citizens.
This morning, arrive in the Bavarian village of Durnstein, one of the prettiest towns on the Danube. Enjoy some free time to stroll this quintessential village in the heart of the Wachau wine district. Walk along medieval cobblestone streets revealing 16th century town houses and wine taverns. Continue cruising late this morning and relax on board as the boat cruises through the scenic Wachau Valley, with lovely storybook views of vineyards, castles, hilltop ruins and monasteries. Later, disembark in Melk for a guided tour of the historic Benedictine Abbey, considered one of the finest examples of Baroque architecture in Europe. View the Abbot’s chambers, the Kaiser’s walk and the lavish library. The ship will set sail as you dine on board this evening.
Early this morning cruise into Linz. Founded by the Romans, Linz has cultivated a strong artistic tradition, especially in the field of music. Today is free to explore the city at your own pace. Maybe visit St. Mary’s Cathedral and Linz Castle, or just relax at a cafe sampling the famous Linzer torte which was named after this quaint city. Alternatively, you can join the optional full day excursion to Cesky Krumlov in the Czech Republic.
Travel through the picturesque landscape of Southern Bohemia to Cesky Krumlov, a fairy-tale town with its maze of narrow cobbled streets. Declared by UNESCO a World Heritage Site in 1992, Cesky Krumlov has earned an international reputation for its State Castle and Chateau, one of the largest in Central Europe, superbly furnished with priceless art, tapestries and richly decorated weapons. The guided walk through town is highlighted by Gothic, Baroque and Renaissance houses once mansions of noblemen families.
Today presents a wonderful opportunity to join the optional full day tour to beautiful Salzburg. Otherwise you have the full day free to explore the 2500-year-old Passau. Well known for its pastel patrician houses, cafes, cobblestone lanes and riverfront promenade, Passau is a Bavarian town with a mix of Roman, Italian Baroque and Gothic architecture. In the early evening, all passengers will rejoin the ship and set sail for Regensburg.
Tour Salzburg, birthplace of Mozart and setting for the Sound of Music. The walking tour will include some of Salzburg’s most historic sites including the Mirabell Palace, the Abbey, Salzburg Cathedral, and St. Peter’s Cemetery.
Arrive in Regensburg this morning, one of Germany’s largest and best preserved medieval cities designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The guided walking tour highlights the city’s stunning architecture as you view the Old Town Hall, the Dom St. Peter, and the Porta Praetoria, gateway to an ancient Roman fort built in 179 AD. Marvel at beautiful churches and one of the oldest stone bridges crossing the Danube. Return to the boat or spend the afternoon at leisure discovering the delights of Regensburg on your own. The ship will remain docked in port this evening as you enjoy your final night on board.
This morning disembark in Regensburg, and transfer to Munich to connect with your coach tour. Meet your fellow travellers, and head into Munich for a preview of the sights prior to starting your tour. A city that exhibits both prosperity and a certain amount of comfort and cosiness, Munich’s apparent contradictions will delight the avid explorer. Along with modern high-powered industry, designer shopping districts and sleek BMWs, you’ll find a wealth of cultural hotspots in Munich. Even with all its smart sophistication, Munich has a certain charm that visitors find irresistible. Tonight, your tour guides will take you to a traditional German beer hall to get a taste of German culture. Prost!
Today, we’re off to Innsbruck, stopping first at the famous Neuschwanstein Castle. With turrets soaring high above the surrounding woodland, this is a castle that will bring all those familiar fairy tales to mind. We’ll take a tour, allowing you to get up close and personal to this outstanding European landmark. Following that, we’ll head to Oberammergau for a comfort stop. This town is famous for its passion play, which is re-enacted every 10 years in commemoration of the vow made by the town’s citizens in 1634. Next, we’ll make our way to Innsbruck in nearby Austria. This is one of the few places in the world that really can lay claim to having something for everyone. It’s not everywhere that offers extreme sports (thanks to the close proximity of the soaring Nordkette Alps), fascinating historical heritage (courtesy of the legacy of the Habsburgs), and vibrant modern attractions, too. Once we arrive in the afternoon, you’ll have some free time to explore this fascinating Austrian city.
From Innsbruck, we head for the grandeur of Vienna, stopping on the way for a comfort stop in Salzburg. On arrival in Vienna, we’ll take a driving tour of the city – which ranks as one of the world’s most liveable cities. Few cities can show off such cultural and historical splendour and maintain a profile as an exciting, modern city, but Vienna does it well. Along with a musical past that includes luminaries like Mozart, Beethoven and Brahms, and artworks by masters like Klimt, Schiele and Kokoschka, Vienna has a buzzing modern culinary scene, cheerful, bustling pubs and bars, and a host of clubs and music venues where you can dance the night away.
Today, we’re off to Budapest, the Hungarian capital. Blessed with natural beauty; as well as baroque, neoclassical and art nouveau architecture, this is a city to behold. Get a good overview of it all with our Budapest driving tour when you arrive. Starting on the Pest side of the Danube, head across the river and stop at the Fisherman’s Bastion for spectacular views of the city and the river below. See the Houses of Parliament and drive along the river admiring the city. This afternoon is yours to enjoy the city as you please.
Today, we’re off to Prague, stopping on the way in Bratislava for a comfort stop. On arrival in Prague, you’ll take a walking tour of this incredible city, which, since freeing itself from communism, has joined other European jewels like Paris, Rome and Amsterdam to take its place as one of Europe’s most fascinating destinations. Famous for its art, architecture, cobbled lanes and ancient chapels, this is also home to some of Europe’s finest beer. The Astronomical Clock in the Old Town Square is a ‘must-see’ – the intricate puppetry and show that is performed on the hour draws hundreds of people throughout the day and night. For dinner, experience authentic Czech cuisine at our local restaurant on your first night in Prague.
The day is yours to treat yourself to the fairy tale magic of Prague – often aptly described as the “Jewel in the Crown” of central Europe, and maybe revisit some of the places you saw on yesterday’s walking tour. The majestic Prague Castle, the famous Charles Bridge, and the Old Town are all worth seeing. Prague’s dramatic history is reflected in the beauty of the architecture of churches, opera houses, concert halls and parks. There are numerous beer halls in which to sample a local brew, and for those who wish to put your stamp on the city, why not visit legendary Lennon Wall – a tribute to John Lennon. Did we mention ‘fairy tale’ city earlier? Maybe it is worth noting that Prague is the home of the “green fairy”, which is better known as absinthe.
On our way back to Munich, we’ll stop at Nuremberg, Bavaria’s second-largest city. Famous for its dark beer and frenetic energy, you’ll have a chance to look around before we make our way to Dachau Concentration Camp. In operation from 1933 to 1945, Dachau was a Nazi concentration camp that was responsible for the imprisonment of around 200, 000 people. You’ll gain more of an understanding of this dark side of German history, and then finally make your way back to Munich. Tonight is your last night on tour, so be sure to make the most of it!
Today, your tour ends after breakfast. You will be transferred to the airport for your flight home. Be sure to share details with your fellow travellers, so that you can stay in touch!
Arrive back home in Australia full of memories of magical Europe.
- This is your chance to experience the road less travelled in breathtaking Europe. Budapest has all of the luxury and chic romance of Paris, and Vienna is home to many artistic masterpieces, just as impressive as any you’ll find in Rome. Sailing down the River Danube, you’ll have a unique vantage point by which to view the European countryside, one which travelling by car or train simply cannot provide.
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Valid for two people, twin share
- Subject to availability
- Not valid with any other offer
- Stopovers and extensions are available on request
- Beverages included onboard the River Cruise are unlimited beer, wine and soft drinks with meals
- Flights depart from Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth
- Flights are economy class with Etihad, Qatar, Emirates or Thai Airways, subject to availability
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- A single supplement charge of $3000 applies to customers wishing to travel alone – contact Kogan Travel on 1300 517 210 for more information
- Travel insurance – highly recommended
- Optional activities
- Anything not included in the itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Want to know more?
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Your Holiday is Safe with Kogan Travel
Kogan Travel Booking Guarantee
If, within 14 days of purchasing Your Kogan Travel offer (Guarantee Period) You have been unable to secure Your preferred travel dates, and have not confirmed a booking, We will issue You with a full refund to the face-value of Your voucher purchase.
AFTA - The Australian Federation of Travel Agents
ATAS - Travel Accredited
International Flights Included
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.