Added to Cart
More deals you may like
Colour in Art Quilts
See delivery information
Kogan.com has a direct partnership with Qantas
This beautiful book is for quilters who want a deeper understanding of how to use colour in their work, and the part it plays in a quilt’s visual impact. It really takes the fear out of using colour.
Part One contains the practicalities:
* Colour theory explored through the use of fabric. Which fabrics will harmonize (or clash) with which?
* Invaluable methods for colouring your own fabric
* Tips on how to observe and record colour, including keeping colour sketchbooks and mood boards
Part Two, illustrated with stunning images from today’s best quiltmakers, covers:
* Monochrome: how to create striking two-colour quilts, and how to introduce further colours
* A Sense of Place: how travel and observation can inspire your colour choices, which can be used to recreate favourite locations and memories in your quilts
* Colour, Light and Pattern: how to bring joyous light and colour effects to your quilts, including an understanding of tonal values in relation to pattern
* Colour Association: how colour can be used to create mood and atmosphere, and to suggest a range of emotions from perfect calm to hectic turmoil.
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Australia Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions. Fulfilled by Booktopia.
Related CategoriesNon-Fiction > Travel & HolidaysNon-Fiction > Warfare & DefenceKids & Children > Reference MaterialNon-Fiction > Teaching English (ELT)Non-Fiction > Earth Sciences & EnvironmentNon-Fiction > ScienceNon-Fiction > EconomicsNon-Fiction > PhilosophyBooktopia Gift Guide > Mother's DayJournalsMiscellaneous ItemsFiction > Thrillers & SuspenseFiction > Modern & Contemporary FictionKids & Children > Peppa PigKids & Children > LEGONon-Fiction > HistoryFiction > Fiction in Translation and Short StoriesFiction > Graphic NovelsFiction > Classic FictionNon-Fiction > Social Services & WelfareFiction > Contemporary Women's Fiction HumanitiesFiction > Fantasy FictionNon-Fiction > Family & HealthKids & Children