Added to Cart
CHINA & TIBET: 13 Day Highlights Tour for Two Including Flights
CHINA & TIBET: 13 Day Highlights Tour for Two Including Flights
Ancient wonders and magnificent monasteries.
Discover China’s awe-inspiring monuments, including the Great Wall, Forbidden City and Terracotta Warriors, and take a spiritual journey to the heart and soul of Tibetan culture.
- Return International Flights for Two Plus All Internal Flights
- 10 Nights of Accommodation with Daily Breakfast
- Tours of Tiananmen Square, the Great Wall, Beijing Zoo and Some of Tibet’s Most Historic Monasteries
- Return International Flights for Two Departing Melbourne or Sydney
- Internal Flights – Xi’an to Chengdu, Chengdu to Lhasa
- High-Speed Train from Beijing to Xi’an
- 10 Nights of Accommodation
- Daily Breakfast and Lots More Meals as Specified in the Itinerary
- All On-Ground Transportation by Private Coach
- Sightseeing Admission Fees
- Local English-Speaking Tour Guides
- Guide and Driver Tipping
- Application Fee for Your Tibet Entry Permit
- Beijing – Ritan International Hotel or similar (4.5 Stars)
- Xi’an – Qujiang Yinzuo Hotel or similar (4 Stars)
- Chengdu – Holiday Inn Express West Gate or similar (4 Stars)
- Lhasa – Lhasa Dekang Hotel or similar (3 Stars)
- Available for one of the following departure dates in 2017:
- 6, 20 March
- 10*, 24 April
- 8, 22 May
- 5 June
- 3** July
- 21* August
- *$300 per person surcharge applies to departures on these dates
- **$400 per person surcharge applies to departures on these dates
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Once you have selected your favourite option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts.
- Once you complete your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and unique booking code.
- Please follow the instructions on your email to redeem your voucher.
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Conquer the Great Wall, China’s most iconic attraction, and be awed by the stunning mountain landscapes that surround this ancient defensive structure.
- Meet China’s adored Giant Pandas at Beijing Zoo, and (better yet) visit baby Giant Pandas at Chengdu’s Panda Feeding Base.
- Gain an insight into Chinese culture, history and architecture with tours of the Temple of Heaven, Tiananmen Square and the Terracotta Army.
- Experience the essence of Tibetan life in Lhasa’s charming old quarter.
- Be entranced by monks engaging in colourful debate on Buddhist doctrines at Sera Monastery, one of the three famous monasteries in Lhasa.
- Visit Potala Palace, the highest palace in the world and an architectural marvel even by modern standards.
- Find pilgrims peacefully praying at Jokhang Temple, a four-storey monastery featuring a number of intricately designed shrines and gardens.
Board your flight for China.
Welcome to China! Meet up with your tour guide and transfer to your hotel. Relax and rest up for the remainder of the day – you’ve got a big day of touring tomorrow!
Your first stop will be at the grandest public plaza in the world – Tiananmen Square. Continue on to the Forbidden City, one of the greatest palaces in the world, before enjoying a traditional Chinese tea ceremony. Afterwards, visit Beijing Zoo to meet the adorable giant pandas!
Join the optional tour to Siheyuan Folk House travelling by Hutong Rickshaw. In the evening, you may choose to feast on a traditional Hot Pot for dinner (at your own cost).
After breakfast, head north of the city to conquer the Great Wall of Juyong Pass and admire the beautiful mountain landscapes that surround this impressive structure. Continue on to the largest Jade Carving Workshop in Beijing, before enjoying photo opportunities outside 2008 Olympic Games sites including the Bird’s Nest and Water Cube. Afterwards, experience a soothing Orient foot massage and learn about traditional Chinese medicine. Finish your day of touring with a visit to the famous Silk Street Market to shop for food and souvenirs.
In the evening, you may choose to join the optional evening performance – the Kung Fu Legend.
After breakfast, visit the Temple of Heaven, where the emperors used to worship and prayed for harvest. Next, learn about silk in a famous silk factory and visit a local pearl shop.
Join the optional tour to the Summer Palace, renowned for its beautiful gardens once enjoyed by the Emperors and their families. Then you may enjoy the optional evening performance – a spectacular acrobatics show! Enjoy a mouth-watering Peking Roast Duck for dinner (at your own expense).
Enjoy some free time to explore Beijing at your own pace before transferring to the train station to board the high-speed train from Beijing to Xi’an. Meet your tour guide on arrival before checking in to your hotel. This evening, you’ll take a guided tour of Muslim Street, the hub of Muslim community in Xi’an. Sample mouth-watering local bites and shop for unique souvenirs.
Note: the train journey from Beijing to Xi’an takes approximately 6 hours. Lunch is not included but there are dining cars on the train. Bringing some food or snacks on board with you is recommended.
For a span of more than 1,000 years, Xi’an served as the capital city for 13 dynasties. Its history endows Xi’an with a great number of precious relics and historical sites. Your first stop is The Terracotta Army, recognised as the eighth wonder of the world. Discovered accidentally in 1974, this incredible subterranean army of over 7000 soldiers, archers, horses and chariots in full battle array has guarded Emperor Qin’s tomb since 210BC.
Later, journey to a terracotta sculpture factory before driving back to the city to visit Xi’an City Wall, the world’s most well-preserved city wall and also one of the most magnificent ancient military defense systems. Its grandeur and excellent design still manages to impress the 10 million people who visit it every year.
Tonights optional program presents a feast for the mouth and eyes – be amazed by a Tang Dynasty Singing and Dancing Show while enjoying a delicious Xi’an dumpling banquet.
Take the morning flight to Chengdu. Upon arrival, head to the Panda Feeding Base which hosts dozens of the cutest Pandas, from babies to fully grown Pandas. After lunch, check in to your hotel and enjoy the rest of the day free at leisure.
If you feel like exploring Chengdu further, visit Jinli street or Kuanzhai Lanes to find cool souvenirs and taste local Sichuan snacks.
Fly to beautiful Lhasa. After checking in to your hotel you will be free to explore the city at your own leisure – but try not to overexert yourself. Rest and relaxation is crucial when acclimatising to high altitude. Remember to drink lots of water, eat light, and try not to shower unless you really need to.
In the morning, set off to visit Drepung Monastery. Built in 1416, Drepung Monastery is the largest monastery of the Gelug Sect. It covers an area of 250,000 square meters.
Note: occasionally the Drepung Monastery is closed without prior notice. In this event you will visit Drak Yerpa. Drak Yerpa is a sacred place that has deep meanings in Tibetan spiritual culture. The entrance to the Yerpa Valley is about 16 km northeast of Lhasa on the northern bank of the Kyichu River.
In the afternoon, journey to the ancient meditation caves before visiting the famous Sera Monastery where a welcome dinner will be held. The monastery was named Sera, meaning wild rose, after the wild roses that cover the mountains that surround this fascinating monastery. From Monday to Friday, you can witness monks engaging in afternoon debates on Buddhist doctrine.
This morning, visit Potala Palace. At more than 3,700 meters above sea level it’s the highest palace in the world! Head to the Golden Roofs on top of the palace for a breathtaking view of the whole of Lhasa. In the distance there are undulating mountain ranges, the beautiful Lhasa River, tracts of fields, tree-shaded villages and the glistening Jokhang Temple.
In the afternoon you’ll visit Jokhang Temple to find many pilgrims praying before this historic monastery.
Transfer to the airport for your flight home.
Arrive home in Australia.
B = Breakfast L = Lunch D = Dinner I/F = In Flight
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
All surcharges are payable to Grand Continental Vacations at the time of booking.
- A high season surcharge of $300 per person applies to departures marked with * in Travel Dates
- A high season surcharge of $400 per person applies to departures marked with ** in Travel Dates
- A single supplement surcharge of $500 applies for those wishing to travel alone – contact Kogan Travel on 1300 517 210 for more information
- A surcharge of $350 per person applies to departures from Brisbane or Adelaide
- A surcharge of $650 per person applies to departures from Perth
- Stay behind surcharge: $200 per person (subject to availability)
- There are no child discounts available for this tour
- Flights are with China Southern, China Eastern, Sichuan Airlines or Air China subject to availability
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Bookings must be made at least 75 days prior to deparure.
- Hotels listed are subject to availability. Alternative hotels of the same quality will be used if necessary. You will be notified if a supplement or reduction in cost applies
- Scheduled activities are subject to change without prior notice based upon weather, traffic conditions or any unforeseen events
- Any special requests are subject to availability. Refunds will not be given if such requests cannot be accommodated
- All currencies are listed in AUD unless stated otherwise
Australian passport holders must apply for a Chinese Visa before traveling to China. Chinese Visas are only valid for 3 months from their date of issue, so don’t apply for it too soon in advance. Most travellers apply for their visa 1-2 months before departure and it normally takes 4-5 working days to process.
Tibet Entry Permit:
Foreign tourists, including Australian passport holders, are required to apply for a Tibet Entry Permit before traveling to Tibet. After obtaining a Chinese Visa, tourists should submit an application for a Tibet Entry Permit. This should be completed no later than one month prior to the departure.
Application documents required:
- Scanned copy of your passport photo page
- Scanned copy of your Chinese Visa page (we recommend applying for a Tourist Visa (L Visa) for this tour. If you apply for any other type of Chinese Visa, you will have to offer a certificate of employment which may prolong the application time).
- Flight or train itinerary to/out of Tibet. Your flight or train itinerary will be printed on the Tibet Entry Permit, including information such as your arrival/departure time, which Chinese city you’ll be arriving from and which Chinese city you’ll be visiting next. No changes are permitted once your permit is issued.
Kogan Travel takes no responsibility for any unsuccessful visa applications.
Optional tours are payable to Grand Continental Vacations at time of booking:
- Rickshaw ride along Beijing Hutongs + a local family visit – AUD $55 per person
- Hot pot dinner – AUD $35 per person
- Kung Fu Show – AUD $55 per person
- Summer Palace – AUD $50 per person
- Acrobatic Show – AUD $50 per person
- Peking Duck dinner – AUD $20 per person
- Xian Dumpling Banquet + Tang Dynasty Singing & Dancing Show – AUD $65 per person
- Visa for China and Tibet
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Optional sightseeing activities as listed in the itinerary
- Meals other than those specified in the itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Your Holiday is Safe with Kogan Travel
English Speaking Guide
Kogan Travel Booking Guarantee
If, within 14 days of purchasing Your Kogan Travel offer (Guarantee Period) You have been unable to secure Your preferred travel dates, and have not confirmed a booking, We will issue You with a full refund to the face-value of Your voucher purchase.
ATAS - Travel Accredited
AFTA - The Australian Federation of Travel Agents
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.