Added to Cart
CHINA: China 9 Days Memory Tour, Beijing Xi'an Shanghai - Ex Sydney (9 Days, Twin)
CHINA: China 9 Days Memory Tour, Beijing Xi'an Shanghai - Ex Sydney (9 Days, Twin)
Soak up ancient culture and natural beauty.
$4,099Valued at $9,646
Discover an incredible country, filled with ancient and modern wonders, exclusive to Kogan Travel! – Deal must end 13 June, 2015!
Discover the extraordinary wonders of China over an Exciting 9 Days, packed with BONUS inclusions such as International Return Flights, 8 Nights Luxury Accommodation, Daily Gourmet Breakfasts, ALL Flights and Transportation During Tour, an English-Speaking Guide, Airport Transfers Both Ways, Loads of Sightseeing Activities PLUS Optional Extras and even ALL Tipping up to the value of $100!
You’ll never feel more on top of the world than when you stand on the Great Wall of China, gazing out at its length which snakes over the never-ending mountain ranges. You’ll never feel more alive than when you join the buzzing crowds and bright lights of Shanghai. Never more intrigued than exploring the ancient Forbidden City. And never more relaxed than performing Tai Chi at the Temple of Heaven.
China’s diverse landscapes, monuments and cities must be seen to be understood. On this comprehensive tour, you’ll experience awe-inspiring history, beauty, architecture and more!
Your package includes:
- Start your journey without a hassle, thanks to Return International Flights on a reputable airline plus All Airport Transfers and Airport Taxes included
- Once you join the tour, you don’t need to worry about a thing as All Domestic Flights, Train Fares and Local Transportation is taken care of!
- Enjoy 8 Incredible Nights in Luxury Hotel Accommodation
- Start every day with a delicious Daily Breakfast at your hotel as well as 5 Delicious Meals at which you will sample the best of the local cuisine, often at top restaurants
- Learn all about China’s rich culture and history with an English-Speaking Guide who will breathe life into ancient sights
- Walk straight through the gates to numerous tourist attractions, with all Sightseeing Admissions included – excluding optional activities
- No need to worry about extras as All Tipping up to the value of $100 is included as part of the tour
PLUS enjoy all the highlights of this exciting tour:
- Stroll along the Great Wall of China and marvel at its amazing length
- Visit the politically important Tiananmen Square
- Explore the Forbidden City, home of Chinese emperors for 5 centuries
- See how the locals live in the traditional Hutong living area of Beijing
- Choose to experience the optional lunch hosted by a local family
- Experience Chinese tea culture
- Visit silk, jade and pearl factories to learn about these traditional Chinese products
- See the famous Beijing 2008 Olympic Games stadiums
- Go to the Traditional Chinese Medicine research centre
- Take a Tai Chi lesson at the Temple of Heaven
- Walk among the legendary Terracotta Warriors
- Bargain for trinkets at local markets
- Visit the ancient city of Xi’an, with its impressive city wall
- Join the hustle and bustle of buzzing Shanghai, including the Pearl of Orient Tower, the Bund and Nanjing Road
- Four nights in Beijing – Hotel Jen, or similar
- Two nights in Xi’an – Shangri-la Golden Flower, or similar
- Two nights in Shanghai – Four Points by Sheraton, or similar
Day 1: Depart Home – Beijing
- Begin your journey with an international flight to Beijing
- Meet and transfer to the hotel with your tour manager
Day 2: Beijing
- Visit Tiananmen Square
- Walk through the Forbidden City, home of the Chinese emperors and their household for five centuries
- Visit Hutong, the local and traditional Beijing living area. Take the option to ride on a rickshaw and have a special lunch hosted by a local family (US$50 or RMB300 pp, paid on tour)
- Experience traditional Chinese tea culture
- Visit a silk factory to learn all about famous Chinese silks. Enjoy an optional evening entertainment – The Legend of Kung Fu (US$35 or RMB200 pp, paid on tour)
Day 3: Beijing
- Visit the 2008 Olympic Games Sites: Bird’s Nest & Water Cube (Outside)
- Visit a Jade factory to learn about Chinese jade culture
- Walk in the clouds while hiking the 2,000-year-old Great Wall of China
- Visit the Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) Research Centre, where you will learn about Chinese herb medicine and enjoy a foot massage (at your own expense) after hiking on the great wall
Day 4: Beijing
- Experience traditional morning exercise with a Tai Chi lesson at the Temple of Heaven
- Visit a Pearl Factory Outlet – A great place to buy pearls in China at “wholesale” prices – every strand of lovely sea and freshwater pearls is negotiable
- Optional visit to Beijing Zoo to see pandas in the afternoon (US$50 or RMB300 pp, paid on tour)
- Take the option to enjoy the Acrobatic Show in the evening (US$35 or RMB200 pp, paid on tour)
Day 5: Beijing – Xi’an
- Arrive in Xi’an, an ancient city in China. Visit the City Wall, one of the largest ancient military defense systems in the world
- Your sightseeing tour includes Big Wild Goose Pagoda and Provincial Museum. The Big Wild Goose Pagoda was regarded the most important landmark of Xi’an
Day 6: Xi’an
- Tour the historical Terracotta Warriors
- Explore the Muslim Quarter and its traditional market
- Enjoy a traditional Chinese dumpling banquet with Tang Dynasty Music and Dance Show (US$50 or RMB300 pp paid on tour)
Day 7: Xi’an – Shanghai
- After breakfast, you’ll be transferred to the airport to take a scheduled flight to Shanghai
- Free time to explore Shanghai, or join the optional tour (US$80 or RMB500 pp, to be paid on tour) including: a visit to Pearl of Orient TV Tower, exploration of the Bund and Nanjing Road walking district and a Huangpu River evening cruise
Day 8: Shanghai
- Free day to explore Shanghai, or take the optional tour to Suzhou: experience Grand Canal boat ride and visit Lingering Garden, lunch included (US$120 or RMB750 pp, to be paid on tour)
Day 9: Shanghai – Home
- You’ll be transferred to the airport to take your scheduled flight to home or your next destination.
- Once you have selected your favourite option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you complete your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and unique booking code
- Please follow the instructions on your email to redeem your voucher
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Travel Insurance is very strongly recommended. To buy through Kogan Travel and receive a 20% discount click here.
- Travel Dates: Jun 19*, Jul 10*, Aug 7, Sep 11*, 25*, Oct 16, 30, Nov 6
- Buy now – deal must end 13 June, 2015
- Confirm your dates by 27 June, 2015
- Top Tip: book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Price based on per person, departing Sydney or Melbourne
- High season surcharge US$100pp for Sep 11, US$200pp for Jun 19, Jul 10, Sep 25
- If you are booking a trip that requires a surcharge to be paid, simply buy your voucher as normal and you will pay the surcharge directly to the hotel or tour provider when you book
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
- Visa fee if required
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
- Meals and drink other than those specified in itinerary
- Luggage fees and/or i—flight services charged by airline
- Optional entertainment and tours payable upon arrival
- Trip delays, or interruptions caused by airline schedule change
- Extra costs caused by flight delays or cancellations (including if part of tour is missed)
- Cost for anything not specifically mentioned in the listing above
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs.
Your Holiday is Safe with Kogan Travel
Kogan Travel Booking Guarantee
If, within 14 days of purchasing Your Kogan Travel offer (Guarantee Period) You have been unable to secure Your preferred travel dates, and have not confirmed a booking, We will issue You with a full refund to the face-value of Your voucher purchase.
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.