Added to Cart
CHINA: 12 Day Majestic Yangtze River Tour Including Flights for Two (DEP MEL/SYD)
CHINA: 12 Day Majestic Yangtze River Tour Including Flights for Two (DEP MEL/SYD)
Classy cruising on the breathtaking Yangtze River.
$4,238Valued at $8,238
Admire the Yangtze’s world famous scenery from the comfort of a magnificent 5 Star luxury cruise ship.
- Return International Flights for Two
- 4 Night Yangtze River Luxury Cruise Including Meals and Shore Excursions
- 6 Nights in Beijing and Shanghai Including Unforgettable Tours with Experienced Local Guides
- Return International Flights for Two with China Eastern or China Southern
- 6 Nights of Hotel Accommodation in Beijing and Shanghai
- Exciting Tours of Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City, Summer Palace, Great Wall and Much More
- High-Speed Train to Shanghai
- Internal Flight to Yichang
- Heaps of Yummy Meals as Specified in the Itinerary Including ALL Cruise Meals
- 4 Night Yangtze River Luxury Cruise Aboard the 5 Star President No.7 Ship (or similar) – Stay in a Standard Cabin with Private Balcony
- 3 Yangtze River Shore Excursions
- All On-Ground Transport via Private Coach
- Experienced English-Speaking Guides Every Step of the Journey
- All Tipping
Please note that your cruise ship is subject to availability. If President No.7 is unavailable a luxury cruise ship of similar calibre will be chosen.
- Beijing – Loong Palace Hotel or similar
- Shanghai – Wyndham Bund East or similar
- Available for one of the following departure dates in 2017:
- April: 7**, 14**, 21*, 28*
- May: 5*, 12*, 19*, 26*
- June: 2, 9, 16, 23*, 30*
- July: 7*, 14*, 21*, 28*
- August: 4, 11, 18, 25
- September: 1*, 8*, 15**, 22**, 29**
- October: 6*, 13*, 20*, 27*
- November: 3, 10
- *Peak season surcharge applies: $300 per person
- **School holiday surcharge applies: $400 per person
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Once you have selected your favourite option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you complete your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and unique booking code
- Please follow the instructions on your email to redeem your voucher
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact email@example.com or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Embark on a once-in-a-lifetime 5 Star luxury cruise along the Yangtze River aboard President No.7 – get up close and personal with the Yangtze’s breathtaking scenery and stop along the way for onshore excursions to explore ancient sites and remarkable natural landscapes.
- Disembark to discover the world-famous Three Gorges Dam, beautiful Shennong Stream, the mysterious Fengdu Ghost City (optional) and more.
- Visit Beijing, one of history’s great cities, having served as the capital for five dynasties over a period of 800 years.
- Uncover the mysteries of the Forbidden City, an otherworldly city of palaces featuring China’s biggest and best preserved collection of ancient buildings.
- Witness the remarkable Ming Dynasty architecture up close at the circular Temple of Heaven before settling in for a mouth-watering traditional banquet including the local delicacy, succulent Peking Duck.
- Climb the Great Wall of China – one of humankind’s greatest marvels and a monumental demonstration of ancient Chinese engineering and ambition.
- Soak up the glamour and mystique of Shanghai, with its vibrant metropolis, luxury shopping, soaring skyscrapers and fabulous cuisine.
President No.7 Highlights:
Your home on the Yangtze will be the 141.8m long President No.7, featuring luxurious facilities complemented by the meticulous service of hundreds of ship staff ready to cater for your every desire.
Sit back and relax as you discover the jewels of the Yangtze in the finest style possible.
- Rating: 5 Star Plus
- Maiden voyage: April, 2013
- 7 floor atrium lobby
- Spacious sun deck with lounge chairs
- Huge two-floor dining room
- Spa and massage facilities plus a fitness centre
- Cinema and games room
- Golf driving range
Depart for Beijing, the capital city of China. Upon arrival, you will be warmly greeted at the airport by your tour guide and transferred to your hotel.
Beijing has served as the capital of five dynasties over a period of 800 years. Today, visit Tiananmen Square, the second largest public square in the world, and the Forbidden City, the Chinese Imperial Palace complex from the Ming to Qing Dynasty. Continue on to the Temple of Heaven, one of the best examples of Ming Dynasty architecture and also an ornate sanctuary where Chinese emperors ordered sacrifices to heaven and prayed for good harvest. Your welcome banquet includes the local delicacy, Peking Duck.
Today’s highlight is an excursion to the majestic Great Wall at Juyong Pass, the most iconic landmark in China. Climb a portion of this 3,700-mile marvel. You will also visit one of the largest Jade Exhibitions in Asia en-route. After lunch, see skilled artisans at work at a Cloisonne Factory and visit the Changeling Exhibition Hall of the Ming Tombs, where thirteen of the sixteen Ming dynasty emperors are buried. Tonight, you can choose to attend an optional large scale dramatic musical, ‘The Golden Mask Dynasty’ (at your own expense).
‘The Golden Mask Dynasty’ musical.
Today you’ll tour the exquisite Summer Palace, the largest preserved ancient garden in China and a former summer resort for Emperors. Then visit a Chinese Herbal Institute to learn about traditional Chinese medicine which has been practiced for thousands of years. Later, you can join an optional ‘Hutong Life Tour’ (at your own expense), a special journey which explores Beijing’s ancient alleyways or ‘hutongs’ by pedicab, or take a stroll in Wangfujing, one of the Chinese capital’s most famous shopping streets. After dinner, cap off the day by attending a thrilling Chinese Kung-Fu Show (at your own expense).
Hutong Life Tour and Chinese Kung-Fu Show.
Take the high-speed train to Shanghai – the modern metropolis and commercial centre of China. This morning you will visit a Silk Spinning Mill and learn how silk is created from mulberry-munching silkworms to produce the finest thread and cloth. Later, walk along the famous Bund, a mile-long stretch along the Huangpu River. Lined by the colonial architecture of European design, this area is the best place to capture the western influences of the old days. Continue to the Old Town which is a perfect combination of gardens, temples, old architecture, civil culture, business souvenirs and food. In the evening, you may choose to join an optional night cruise on the Huangpu River (at your own expense).
Huangpu River night cruise.
This morning visit Shanghai Museum to see ancient Chinese art, furniture and jade. Then you’ll explore the Xintiandi Area, an affluent and fashionable pedestrian street with unique Shikumen (stone gates) and modern architectural styles. In the evening you can cap off your time in Shanghai by attending a thrilling optional Chinese acrobatic show – “ERA: The Intersection of Time” (at your own expense).
Chinese acrobatic show – “ERA: The Intersection of Time”.
This morning you’ll fly to the beautiful port city of Yichang, the starting point of your Yangtze River cruise. After dinner, board the cruise ship and receive an introduction on cruise events and onboard activities.
- 7pm-8pm: board the ship at Yichang Dock
- Midnight: depart Yichang
- 8am: cruise briefing
- 8am-9am: pass the Xiling Gorge (East Part)
- 9am-11am: shore excursion of Three Gorges Dam Site
- 11am-1pm: shore excursion to a tribe of Three Gorges (optional)
- 1.30pm-3.30pm: pass the Three Gorges Dam
- 4pm: sail through 5-stage shiplock
- 6pm: Captain’s welcome dinner
- 8pm: evening entertainment
- 6.30am: breakfast
- 8am-midday: shore excursion of Shennong Stream
- 1.30pm-5pm: sail through Wu Gorge and Qutang Gorge
- 5.30pm: shore excursion of White Emperor City (optional – river conditions permitting)
- 7am: breakfast
- 8.30am-10.30am: shore excursion of Shibaozhai Pagoda
- 10.30-12.30: shore excursion of Fengdu Ghost City (optional)
- 2pm-4pm: lectures
- 6pm: farewell dinner
After breakfast, disembark the cruise in the port city of Chongqing. It’s time to say goodbye to beautiful China. Transfer to the airport for your flight back home to Australia.
B = Breakfast L = Lunch D = Dinner I/F = In Flight
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Once a booking is confirmed, name transfers are not permitted as this will be regarded as a cancellation
- Surcharges apply to departures during peak season and school holidays – see Travel Dates for more details
- A single supplement surcharge of $1300 applies to those wishing to travel alone
- A stay behind surcharge of $250 per person (plus any applicable airfare difference) applies to those wishing to delay their flight home
- Please contact Kogan Travel on 1300 517 210 for more information on any surcharges
- Flights are with China Southern or China Eastern
- Flight itineraries are not available until approximately 3 weeks before your departure and may involve transits
- China visa
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Personal expenses
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Your Holiday is Safe with Kogan Travel
Kogan Travel Booking Guarantee
If, within 14 days of purchasing Your Kogan Travel offer (Guarantee Period) You have been unable to secure Your preferred travel dates, and have not confirmed a booking, We will issue You with a full refund to the face-value of Your voucher purchase.
ATAS - Travel Accredited
AFTA - The Australian Federation of Travel Agents
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.