Added to Cart
More deals you may like
You can earn and use Qantas Points at Kogan.com
This work makes a complete analysis of pathology of the intervertebral discs, current state of the art of therapeutic and what progress the future holds for us. — European Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery & Traumatology
Overall, [this] is the most comprehensive book dealing with the pathology as well as the advances in research and treatment for degenerative disc disease. No other book has covered this topic with the same breadth and to the same degree. — American Journal of Neuroradiology
Although there have been significant advancements in minimally invasive spinal surgery techniques in the last few decades, optimal outcomes for chronic low back pain remain elusive. A number of promising clinical trials have been conducted using tissue engineering and biological interventions for disc degeneration. Written by renowned innovators, this is the first book that covers implementation of these groundbreaking approaches for disc disease.
The text begins with key fundamentals including anatomy and physiology, pathophysiology, imaging and biomechanics to delineate healthy versus diseased spine. Subsequent sections discuss treatment strategies, research findings, and future developments. Throughout each chapter, renowned spine surgeons and scientists share clinical pearls gleaned from hands-on experience.
- The current state of the art in biological and tissue engineering procedures for spinal disorders
- Treatment methodologies including nucleus replacement and repair, annulus fibrosus repair, total disc transplantation, and mechanical total disc replacement
- Innovative treatment strategies for disc regeneration, such as genes and proteins
- Growth factors including platelet-rich plasma (PRP), which has shown promise for the stimulation and acceleration of bone and soft tissue healing
- Cell-based therapy for spinal disc regeneration and repair including the use of stem cells and chondrocytes
- In-depth discussion of research including animal versus human model, in-vitro, and a summary of biologic clinical trials
This is a must-have resource for trainee and practicing orthopaedic surgeons and neurosurgeons who treat patients for spine-related conditions. It is essential reading for all clinicians who have an interest in cutting-edge tissue engineering and biological treatment interventions.
Related CategoriesActionFiction > Fiction in Translation and Short StoriesNon-Fiction > Reference & EncyclopaediasNon-Fiction > Sociology & AnthropologyFiction > Fiction-Related ItemsNon-Fiction > Travel Maps & AtlasesNon-Fiction > Earth Sciences & EnvironmentKids & Children > Children's FictionFiction4K Ultra HD | AdventureCultDramaCookery/WineFiction > Modern & Contemporary FictionKids & Children > Stationery & Miscellaneous Items For ChildrenNon-Fiction > Literature, Poetry & PlaysEconomicsNon-Fiction > Animals & NatureNon-Fiction > Family & HealthBargains > Kids and TeensMiscellaneous Items > Gift Books and Gift IdeasFiction > Fantasy FictionHorrorNon-Fiction > Language & LinguisticsStand Up