Added to Cart
More deals you may like
As AAC use continues to flourish and new technology revolutionises the field, tomorrow’s service providers need current, authoritative information on AAC for children and adults with communication disorders. That’s why David Beukelman and Pat Mirenda have revised and updated the bestselling Augmentative and Alternative Communication-the trusted, widely adopted graduate-level text on communication disorders and AAC.
The foundational textbook for SLPs, OTs, PTs, teachers, and other professionals in clinical and educational settings, this fourth edition is a definitive introduction to AAC processes, interventions, and technologies that help people best meet their daily communication needs. Future professionals will prepare for their work in the field with critical new information on
- advancing literacy skills (new chapter by Janice Light and David McNaughton)
- conducting effective, culturally appropriate assessment to determine AAC needs
- choosing AAC interventions appropriate for age and ability
- selecting AAC vocabulary tailored to individual needs
- using new consumer technologies as easy, affordable, and non-stigmatising communication devices
- understanding types of symbols and how individuals use them
- promoting social competence
- supporting language learning and development
- providing effective support to beginning communicators
- planning an inclusive education for students with complex communication needs
Readers will get a thorough overview of communication and AAC issues for people with specific developmental disabilities (including cerebral palsy, intellectual disability, and autism) and acquired disabilities (such as aphasia, traumatic brain injury, and degenerative cognitive and linguistic disorders). And with helpful photos, figures, and photocopiable forms, readers will be ready to collect and use important information on assessment, individual communication needs, classroom supports, and more.
An essential core text for tomorrow’s professionals-and a key reference for inservice practitioners-this new fourth edition expertly prepares readers to support the communicative competence of children and adults with a wide range of complex needs.
Related CategoriesBargains > Non-FictionNon-Fiction > Computing & I.T.Non-Fiction > Animals & NatureChildren & Teenagers / Young Adults > Stationery & Miscellaneous Items For ChildrenNon-Fiction > Library & Info SciencesBolinda Audio Book ShowcaseFiction Books > Thrillers & SuspenseBargainsFiction Books > Contemporary Women's FictionBooktopia's Favourites > FictionThrillerNon-Fiction Books > Family & HealthKids & Children > My Little PonyAnimated FeatureKids & Children > Reference MaterialNon-Fiction Books > Teaching English (ELT)Non-Fiction Books > Religion & BeliefsAnimationNon-Fiction > HistoryHealth & Personal DevelopmentNon-Fiction Books > PhilosophyNon-Fiction Books > Society & CultureNon-Fiction > Biographies & True StoriesNon-Fiction Books > Mind, Body, SpiritBooks & Guides