Added to Cart
More deals you may like
The latest and most accurate, peer-reviewed information on the role of vitamins and minerals in health and disease
An Evidence-Based Approach to Vitamins and Minerals: Health Benefits and Intake Recommendations is a trusted resource for the health professional who needs to interpret the explosion of studies on the role of micronutrients in health and disease and who is concerned about the proliferation of dietary supplements now available to the consumer.
This evidence-based reference, now in a second edition, presents the most current scientific, epidemiological and clinical research on the role of vitamins and minerals in preventing disease and promoting optimal health. Organized by micronutrient, the book covers biological function, deficiency, recommended daily allowance, role in disease prevention and treatment, sources, safety, and interactions with other micronutrients and drugs—all endorsed by the internationally acclaimed Linus Pauling Institute at Oregon State University.
- Each chapter reviewed by a recognized expert in the field, who also served on the book’s Editorial Advisory Board
- Contains the latest intake recommendations from the Linus Pauling Institute, as well as the Food and Nutrition Board of the Institute for Medicine
- Provides a complete index by disease or disorder that facilitates easy location of condition-specific information found in multiple chapters
- Extensively referenced, with hundreds of citations from the most current experimental, clinical and epidemiological studies
- Includes useful appendices covering drug-nutrient interactions and nutrient-nutrient interactions, a glossary of terms, a units conversion table, and the Linus Pauling Institute “Prescription for Health,” summarizing its recommendations for a healthy diet, lifestyle, and supplement use
Taking the approach that micronutrients play a significant role not only in preventing deficiency disease, but in enhancing general health and averting chronic disease, this book is essential for physicians, nutritionists, and allied health professionals who need the most reliable, up-to-date information in this rapidly expanding field.
Related CategoriesActionFootballNon-Fiction Books > Social Services & WelfareFiction Books > Historical FictionFiction Books > Graphic NovelsNon-Fiction Books > Reference & EncyclopaediasHumanitiesTelevisionNon-Fiction Books > Antiques & CollectablesCookery/WineOther SportsKids & Children > Children's Non-FictionNon-Fiction Books > GardeningReality ShowPostersEducationalKids & Children > ABC Books KidsKeep FitNon-Fiction Books > LawSpecial InterestFiction > Action & AdventureWorld MusicNon-Fiction Books > Literature, Poetry & PlaysDiaries4K Ultra HD | Thriller