Added to Cart
AFRICA: Highlights Tour Including Flights for Two (14 Days)
AFRICA: Highlights Tour Including Flights for Two (14 Days)
Answer the call of the wild.
$9,198Valued at $11,620
Journey through diverse safari landscapes for thrilling up-close encounters with Africa’s majestic wildlife on this incredible African adventure sprinkled with memorable cultural experiences.
- Return International Flights for Two
- Choose from 12 and 14 Day Tour Packages with Excellent Accommodation and Daily Breakfast
- Marvel at Stunning Scenery and Diverse Wildlife on your Fully Guided Tours
- Return International Flights for Two with Qantas or South African Airways
- All Internal Flights
- Choose from 12 and 14 Day Tour Packages including All Accommodation
- Daily Breakfast and Many More Meals as Specified in the Itinerary
- Sightseeing and Game Drives as per the Itinerary
- Experienced English-Speaking Guides
- All On-Ground Transportation
14 Day Tours include an extension to the stunning Victoria Falls! Read the itinerary for full details.
- Cape Town – Radisson Blu Hotel & Residence or similar
- Hluhluwe – Anew Hotel Hluhluwe & Safaris or similar
- Swaziland – Happy Valley Hotel or similar
- Hazyview – Protea Hotel Hazyview or similar
- Johannesburg – Crowne Plaza Johannesburg or similar
- Victoria Falls – Victoria Falls Deluxe Suites or similar (14 Day packages only)
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2018:
- 5 May
- 7, 9, 14, 16 June
- 21, 28 July
- 9, 11, 18, 23, 25 August
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Discover Cape Town, home to Table Mountain, and renowned as one of the most beautiful cities in the world.
- Visit Matsamo Village in Swaziland for an insight into traditional Swazi culture, capped off with a traditional performances with authentic African instruments accompanied by delicious Swazi cuisine.
- Head out on game drives in Kruger National Park, home to a diverse spectacle of majestic wildlife, beautiful flora and breathtaking safari landscapes.
- Get up close and personal with the Big Five of Africa – the Lion, Elephant, Rhino, Leopard and African Buffalo – as well as Impala, Zebra, Giraffe, Hippo and hundreds more species of animals and birds!
- Be awestruck by the size and might of Victoria Falls, known locally as ‘the smoke that thunders’. Seeing and hearing its powerful waters crashing into the mighty Zambezi River is truly an unforgettable experience (14 Day Tour only).
Board your scheduled flight to Cape Town!
Arrive in Cape Town, undeniably one of the most beautiful cities in the world. As you transfer to the hotel, you will see the city’s iconic symbol, Table Mountain, greeting you in the distance. Tonight, discover some of Cape Town’s world class restaurants on your own.
Set out this morning on a full day of touring along the stunning Cape Peninsula. Drive to Cape Point at the southwestern tip of the Cape Peninsula, passing steep mountains, secluded coves, and sweeping beaches en route. After a stop at the fishing village of Hout Bay, one of Cape Town’s best-kept secrets, continue to the Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve, comprising over 17,300 acres of indigenous flora and fauna, where you may see baboons by the roadside, rheboks, cape mountain zebras, bonteboks and the elusive eland. The native plant life, known as fynbos, forms one of only six floral kingdoms in the world. Following the coastline along False Bay, return to Cape Town after your included lunch, stopping at Simon’s Town along the way. Here, visit the penguin colonies at Boulders Beach, and continue with a scenic drive over Muizenberg Mountain. Lastly, visit the Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens, resting at the foot of Table Mountain, for a short walking tour of the beautiful gardens before arriving at Cape Town. This evening enjoy a welcome dinner with your fellow travellers.
After a leisurely breakfast, depart on a half day tour of Cape Town City and Table Mountain. Driving to the city centre, pass famous landmarks such as the Castle of Good Hope built in 1666 by the Dutch East India Company, City Hall, a splendid baroque building, and of course the Grand Parade. See St. George’s Cathedral, the Anglican Diocese of Nobel Peace Laureate Archbishop Desmond Tutu, pass the Company Gardens and the Malay Quarter. The route then leads to Kloof Nek and the magnificent Table Mountain. Ascend to the top (weather permitting) by means of a cable car. At the summit, see wildflowers, the famous silver tree, and marvel at a birds-eye view of the city and its beaches. On a clear day, it is even possible to see Robben Island, where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned, on one side, and Cape Point on the other. Descend from the upper cableway station and proceed to the Milnerton Lighthouse. Later, you will have the opportunity to learn the three-billion-year-old story of diamond while touring the prominent Shimansky Jewelers & Museum at Cape Town’s famous V & A Waterfront. This tour reveals the origins of diamond mining and includes explanations of color, cut and clarity. Following the tour stroll through the adjacent V & A Shopping Mall with its endless shopping and dining opportunities before returning to your hotel. Tonight, experience local culture at an optional Hosted Dinner at the home of a local South African family.
- Home Hosted Dinner in Cape Town ($79 per person)
Spend your day at leisure relaxing on the beach, or perhaps join the optional Winelands Tour which takes you along the country’s principal wine route to the scenic towns of Paarl, Franschhoek and Stellenbosch with tastings along the way. Alternatively, thrill seekers will not want to miss the optional excursion to “Shark Alley” to experience Great White Shark Cage Diving!
Optional Activities (tours run simultaneously):
- Full Day Winelands Tour ($118 per person)
- Full Day Great White Shark Cage Diving ($255 per person)
This morning transfer to the airport for your flight to Durban. Upon arrival in the early afternoon, drive to St. Lucia where you will embark on a game viewing cruise along the St. Lucia Estuary. This tidal estuary is home to Nile crocodiles, hippopotami, sea turtles, and even sharks, making it a fascinating and uniquely diverse ecosystem. This evening, enjoy an included dinner at the hotel.
After an early breakfast, travel to the Hluhluwe-Imfolozi Game Reserve in northern KwaZulu Natal, which contains an immense diversity of fauna and flora and is particularly famous for its conservation of black and white rhinos. Home to Africa’s “Big Five”, you may have a chance to see elephants, Cape buffalo, lions and leopards, in addition to rhino during your morning game drive through the reserve. The park also boasts warthog, crocodile, and antelope. Following the safari, continue to the border of the Kingdom of Swaziland*. This independent kingdom is known for its lovely scenery and vibrant indigenous culture. Stop at a handicraft market this afternoon before arriving to your hotel in the early evening.
Please note: Swaziland is an independent country from South Africa and therefore has different entry requirements*
After breakfast, visit the Ngwenya glass factory, where visitors can watch talented glass blowers create a range of enchanting African animals, birds and fish, as well as tableware, all made from recycled glass collected by the children of Swaziland. Transfer to the South African border and visit Matsamo Cultural Village where you can learn more about the Swazi traditions and customs. Enjoy traditional dance and song performances with authentic African instruments as well as traditional Swazi cuisine. You will have some free time to wander through the village’s many traditional huts and interact with the locals. Later, continue to your hotel for the evening to check in and enjoy dinner.
The day begins at dawn with coffee, tea, and rusks, a South African dry biscuit. Upon departure from the hotel, a pre-packed breakfast will be provided for you. Then, on to Kruger National Park for a thrilling full day open-vehicle game drive. Covering nearly 2 million hectares, this massive park offers some of the best game and wildlife viewing opportunities in the world, and early morning is an optimal time of day. You may have a chance to see lions, elephants, giraffes, or zebras in their natural habitat. After stopping at a rest camp for lunch (at your own expense), continue your game drive. With any luck, you may even see a cheetah or leopard. After the day’s excitement, relax by the pool and enjoy dinner at the hotel this evening.
Depart after breakfast and travel to Mpumalanga Province, known as “Paradise Country,” driving along the spectacular “Panorama Route”. Stop to admire the views of amazing scenery along the 16-mile-long Blyde River Canyon, cut deep into red sandstone, and God’s Window (weather permitting), a breathtaking, edenic vista at the edge of the escarpment overlooking Kruger National Park. Visit Bourke’s Luck Potholes, a series of waterfalls and distinctive rock formations created by countless millennia of water erosion before proceeding this afternoon to Johannesburg.
After an early breakfast, depart on a half day tour of Soweto. Experience a fascinating glimpse of the bustling neighborhood life of Soweto, the most metropolitan township in the country, a local trend-setter in all things politics, fashion, music, dance and language. Drive by the former residence of Bishop Desmond Tutu and visit Nelson Mandela’s former home, before proceeding to the Hector Pieterson Memorial and Museum, dedicated to one of the first casualties of the Soweto uprising of 1976. Continue to the Apartheid Museum, where you will journey through the racial segregation experienced by millions of South Africans. This evening enjoy a Farewell Dinner with your fellow travellers.
For those that purchased the 12 Day tour, today is your final day in Africa. This morning you will have some free time to get in any last minute shopping or sightseeing before you are transferred to the airport for your return flight home.
If you purchased the 14 Day tour, your journey continues! Transfer to the airport for your morning flight to picturesque and thundering Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The Falls are a little over a mile wide and 351 feet high, making them one-and-a-half times as wide and twice as high as Niagara Falls. Here, you can still encounter herds of buffalo and elephant on their way to the Zambezi River. This evening, experience the romance of Africa on an optional Zambezi River Sunset Cruise. Relax onboard as you look for the hippos, elephants, and buffalo that come to drink at the end of the day at the water’s edge.
- Zambezi River Sunset Cruise ($89 per person)
This morning, enjoy a guided tour of the awe-inspiring Victoria Falls, one of the ‘Seven Natural Wonders of the World!’ Known locally as ‘the smoke that thunders’, the sounds and sight of its powerful waters crashing into the mighty Zambezi River make for a truly an unforgettable experience. Your guided walking safari takes you through the magnificent rainforest to view the Cataracts, Livingston’s statue and a wide variety of birds and plants. The rest of the day is yours to discover this beautiful area independently.
For those that purchased the 14 Day tour, today is your final day in Africa. Transfer to the airport this morning for your connecting flight back home.
B = Breakfast L = Lunch D = Dinner I/F = In Flight
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Valid for two people, twin share
- Not valid with any other offer
- Subject to availability
- Group size – minimum of 2; maximum of 40
- Flights depart from Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth with Qantas or South African Airways, subject to availability
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- A single supplement surcharge applies to those wishing to travel alone: $900 for the 12 Day Tour or $1350 for the 14 Day Tour
- Delayed return flights available from $150 per person subject to fare availability
- For information on any of the above surcharges please contact Kogan Travel on 1300 517 210
- Visas if required
- Travel insurance (highly recommended)
- Optional activities
- Anything not included in the itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
Your Holiday is Safe with Kogan Travel
Kogan Travel Booking Guarantee
If, within 14 days of purchasing Your Kogan Travel offer (Guarantee Period) You have been unable to secure Your preferred travel dates, and have not confirmed a booking, We will issue You with a full refund to the face-value of Your voucher purchase.
AFTA - The Australian Federation of Travel Agents
ATAS - Travel Accredited
International Flights Included
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
People also viewed
AFRICA: Highlights Tour Including Flights for Two (12 Days)