Added to Cart
AFRICA: 20 Day Africa Tour Including Flights (For One)
AFRICA: 20 Day Africa Tour Including Flights (For One)
An unforgettable journey through the African wilderness!
$4,999Valued at $7,219
From bustling cities to the wilderness of game reserves, experience everything that South Africa and Swaziland have to offer on this once-in-a-lifetime trip.
- Return International Flights
- 18 Nights of Lodge Style Accommodation including Stays in Kruger National Park
- Get Up Close and Personal with Exotic Wildlife on Guided Game Walks and Drives
- Return International Flights for One with South African Airlines
- 18 Nights of Lodge Style Accommodation
- Guided Game Walks and Game Drives with Experienced Guides
- Daily Breakfast and More Delicious Meals as Specified in the Itinerary
- All On-Ground Touring Transportation
- Sightseeing and Entrance Fees as per the Itinerary
- Return Airport Transfers
- Johannesburg – Greenfire Lodge Johannesburg or similar
- Balule Game Reserve (Greater Kruger National Park) – Greenfire Bush Lodge or similar
- Hazyview – Greenfire Lodge Hazyview or similar
- Mbabane (Swaziland) – Mantenga Lodge or similar
- Zululand – Greenfire Zululand Lodge or similar
- Drakensberg – Greenfire Lodge Drakensberg or similar
- Umdloti (Dolphin Coast) – Greenfire Lodge Dolphin Coast or similar
- Lambazi Bay – Greenfire Lodge Wild Coast or similar
- Grahamstown/ Frontier Country – Aloe Lodge or similar
- Knysna – Greenfire Knysna Lodge or similar
- Cape Town – Greenfire Lodge Cape Town or similar
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2018:
- 1, 8, 15, 22 February
- 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 March
- 3, 10, 17, 24, 31 May
- 7, 14, 21 June
- 26 July
- 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 August
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Journey through the picturesque countryside of South Africa and Swaziland, visiting world famous destinations.
- Get up close and personal with the Big Five of Africa – the Lion, Elephant, Rhino, Leopard and African Buffalo – as well as Impala, Zebra, Giraffe, Hippo and hundreds more species of animals and birds!
- Experience the rich culture and history of remarkable cities such as Johannesburg, Cape Town and Mbabane – and many more!
- Explore the wonderful flora and fauna of the African wilderness, with fantastic game walks and drives in Kruger National Park.
- Visit famous landmarks such as Sibebe Rock, the Nelson Mandela Capture Site, Tsitsikamma National Park and Cape Point National Park – to name but a few.
- Enjoy a unique experience with fantastic lodge style accommodation that will truly have you feeling at one with nature.
It’s time to embark on your exciting adventure! Leave Australia for Johannesburg today.
Upon arriving in Johannesburg, transfer to Greenfire Lodge, a beautiful thatched lodge that is the perfect place to relax and unwind after the flight – and prepare for the adventure ahead!
The first stop on your journey is at the historic town of Dullstroom for brunch. Afterwards, you will continue on down the picturesque Drakensberg escarpment and into the untamed Lowveld. The road is filled with scenic beauty, from mountain passes to the Acacia trees scattered across the African bushveld. In the afternoon you will arrive at the Greater Kruger National Park, an area where animals roam naturally and unrestricted. Being on a privately owned reserve allows you the freedom to explore the wilderness in search of a variety of animals both on foot and in open game drive vehicles. Tonight you will stay at the Greenfire Bush Lodge, a tented lodge that blends into the bush and offers comfortable beds, ensuite bathrooms, a refreshing splash pool, and stunning views over the surrounding wilderness. Dinner tonight will be a traditional meal cooked over an open fire.
As is custom in the bush, you’ll start the day with a light breakfast of coffee and rusks before embarking on a guided game walk within this “big five” game area. Explore the area and see the wonderful wildlife that inhabits the region. An experienced guide and/or tracker will lead all walks. Return to the lodge later in the morning for a sumptuous brunch, after which you will have some time to relax and enjoy the serenity of the surrounding wilderness. In the afternoon, you will be taken on an open vehicle game drive which develops into an extensive night drive, all the time searching for animals. Being in the bush at night provides you with a unique opportunity to see nocturnal animals. This evening you’ll enjoy a hearty bush “braai” cooked on an open fire. Fall asleep to the sounds of the wild.
After enjoying a hearty breakfast in the morning, you will set off to explore the highlights of the Panorama Route. The first stop will be to view the impressive Blyde River Canyon, then on to Bourke’s Luck Potholes, God’s Window and the cozy little town of Graskop for lunch (own expense). In the afternoon you will be treated to stunning views as you descend the Kowyn Pass towards Greenfire Lodge Hazyview, a log cabin built spectacularly on stilts in the indigenous forest on the banks of the Sabie River where you will be spending the next two nights.
At sunrise, you will be taken to another area of the Kruger National Park for a full day of game viewing. Slowly traversing in search of the many animals that inhabit this area, enjoy the high vantage point and comfort of the well-equipped vehicle. Your guide will take the time to explain the behaviour of the animals that you will see in this fascinating environment. Although most of the day will be spent game viewing, you will also be taken to various designated sites to stretch your legs,enjoy brunch, and wander around the park’s rest camps.
Bright and early in the morning, you will be taken to the Kingdom of the Swazi. A small landlocked country, Swaziland is rich in culture and natural beauty. Your journey today takes you into an area of spectacular scenery and past numerous traditional homesteads surrounded by vast fields of sugarcane. The first destination is Sibebe Rock, a granite mountain rising some 350m above the Mbuluzi Valley. Spend some time here at the foot of the mountain while your guides explain more about the history and beliefs surrounding Sibebe. In the late afternoon you will be driven a short distance via the capital city of Mbabane to your accommodation for the night.
Today you will voyage along winding roads through Swaziland and cross back into South Africa in the late morning. After completing the border formalities you will enter Zululand, an area once ruled by the infamous Shaka Zulu. The reserves in this area are lush and offer protection to a variety of indigenous animals including black and white rhinos. This afternoon you will enjoy a game experience that will allow you to appreciate the fauna and flora of the Zulu Kingdom.
Traveling inland today, you will pass through a tranquil region of rolling hills. But don’t be fooled – this region has hosted many historic wars fought over time by the Zulus, the Boers (pioneer settlers), the British, and many others fighting for a stake in Africa. Today’s lunch stop will be at one of the famous battlefields in the area, where you will have time to learn a bit more about this fascinating time in South Africa’s history. In the afternoon you will reach the majestic Drakensberg mountain range, also known as the “Barrier of Spears” where you will visit one of the largest vulture colonies in the world, and will have the chance to view some of the ancient Bushman Paintings found in the area. Upon reaching the foothills, you will be transferred to a 4×4 vehicle to enjoy an exciting drive on mountain tracks high up to the Greenfire Lodge Drakensberg. Guests are also welcome to skip the drive and walk up the mountain to the lodge.
Enjoy a day of hiking, exploring, and simply enjoying the wonders of this national heritage site.
It’s time to head towards the Indian Ocean. Your journey today will take you through the rolling hills and natural beauty of the Natal Midlands to the Nelson Mandela Capture Site for a short visit. From there, you will continue down to Dolphin Coast, where you will be spending the next two nights.
Today is a free day for you to explore the scenic Dolphin Coast. Spend the day soaking up the sun and enjoying the beach, or stroll through the village and explore some local shops and restaurants.
- Durban – Visit the famous port city of Durban!
Setting off early, today you will pass through the outskirts of Durban and follow the coast south into an area that can only be described as one of the highlights of the tour – the Wild Coast. Formerly an independent homeland, there has been little development in this area, resulting in the preservation of endless unspoiled beaches, natural estuaries, rolling grassland, and a tapestry of traditional Xhosa villages.
Spend a full day exploring this rugged but stunningly beautiful area. Your guide will take you on an extended hike along this stretch of coastline that offers some of the best hiking routes in the country. Alternatively, you can choose to relax on the private beach in front of the lodge or to swim in a nearby waterfall.
Leaving the lush coastal forests behind, your journey will take you to what is known as the “Frontier Country”, a region that was settled in the 1820s by European immigrants and that was the host to many frontier wars. The road is defined by scattered hills and deep valleys with distant glimpses of the ocean. You will spend the night in comfortable accommodation overlooking the city of Grahamstown.
Entering the renowned Garden Route today, your first stop will be at the Tsitsikamma Coastal National Park. Located in a marine reserve, enjoy a short hike offering spectacular views. Enjoy a walk along the rugged coast and over the suspension bridge spanning the Storms River, where you will be spending the night.
- Various local excursions – the area offers a range of enjoyable activities, including kayak trips, mountain bike rides in the forest, a tour of the local township and much more
- Great White Shark Cage Diving – ZAR 1350 per person (approx. AUD $130)
Departing from Storms River, you will make your way to the beautiful town of Knysna, where you will spend the night.
Today you will be taken through the wonderful lakes of the Garden Route, before following the “Whale Route” through Hermanus and around the Hottentots Holland Mountains. Arriving in Cape Town – also known as the “Mother City” – in the late afternoon, you will check into your accommodation which is conveniently situated in the beautiful suburb of Sea Point.
Undoubtedly one of the most beautiful cities in the world, today you will be taken on a journey to explore all that the stunning city of Cape Town has to offer. Visit Cape Point National Park, Hout Bay, the Cape of Good Hope, and a vineyard for a taste of the local wine. You will also have a chance to hike up Table Mountain. In the evening, you will be transferred to the airport for your flight home.
Arrive back home today, with many fond memories of your visit!
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner, I/F = In Flight Meal
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth
- Flights are with South African Airlines
- Upgrade to business class for just AUD $3800 per person
- Flight amendment surcharge of AUD $150 applies for early arrivals or delayed departures
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers available upon request
- All accommodation is twin share. Solo travellers will be paired with someone of the same gender.
- Minimum age requirement applies for this tour. Valid for passengers aged 16 years and older
- Maximum group size of 16
- Not valid with any other offer
- Subject to availability
- Luggage must be limited to 15kg per person. Hard suitcases are not suitable for this tour
- This small group tour require a certain level of participation from all group members. This entails assisting with the food preparation, washing dishes and helping to keep the truck clean.
Please keep in mind that flexibility and an open mind will greatly contribute to an enjoyable safari. As you are travelling in developing countries please note that punctuality may not be what you have come to expect in first world countries.
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Anything not listed in the itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
Your Holiday is Safe with Kogan Travel
Kogan Travel Booking Guarantee
If, within 14 days of purchasing Your Kogan Travel offer (Guarantee Period) You have been unable to secure Your preferred travel dates, and have not confirmed a booking, We will issue You with a full refund to the face-value of Your voucher purchase.
AFTA - The Australian Federation of Travel Agents
ATAS - Travel Accredited
International Flights Included
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
People also viewed
NEW ZEALAND: 16 Day Tour & Cruise Including One-Way Flight for Two (Inside Cabin)
AFRICA: 20 Day Africa Tour Including Flights (For Two)
SRI LANKA: 10 Day Glimpse of Sri Lanka Tour Including Flights for Two (2017, MEL/SYD)
EUROPE: 21 Day Discovery Tour Including Flights for Two
VIETNAM: 10 Day Grand Tour for Two Including Flights (Standard)