Added to Cart
More deals you may like
You can earn and use Qantas Points at Kogan.com
So-the presidential election of 2016 happened. You cried, you ranted, you marched. But how do you stay engaged for the long term How do you keep fighting while also continuing your real life How do you get involved when you feel far from the action How do you stay vigilant without being furious All. The. Time.
Needing to take action after the election, Emma Gray, Executive Women’s Editor at HuffPost, put on her journalist’s hat and set out to get answers to these questions from some of the most prominent thought leaders and activists of our time. She spoke with march organizers, senators, and new and longtime activists across political movements to find out the best ways to listen to those who have been doing this for a while, to join in, and to create sustainable action. In all of her conversations, one theme came up again and again: young women are essential to the resistance.
Interweaving the interviews with her own experiences as a member of the media, reporting and covering resistance events in a time when the media has been under assault, Emma has created a down-and-dirty guide for women of all ages to roll up their sleeves and resist the forces that are a threat to our rights.
Inside you’ll find:
- A guide for how to choose reliable news sources to make sure you’re getting quality information.
- Practical instructions on how to get involved and stay involved, with examples from the author’s own experiences organizing the successful Watch Us Run conference.
- An exploration of female-centric work spaces and instructions for how to create your own.
- Advice for self-care and how to stay involved without exhausting yourself.
- Extensive activism information, including numbers to call, organizations to email and donate to, and scripts for reaching out to representatives.
- Interviews with experienced activists, including Senator Elizabeth Warren, Ashley Judd, Marlo Thomas, Carmen Perez, Lucy McBath, Alicia Garza, Winnie Wong, and Tina Tchen.
Whether you’re new to the front or an activism vet, there has never been a better time to jump into
Related CategoriesIndoor PastimesText Books > Secondary - Top SellersNon-Fiction > Comedy & HumourFictionNon-Fiction > Accounting & FinanceNon-Fiction > Travel & HolidaysFiction > RomanceNon-Fiction > DictionariesNon-Fiction > Earth Sciences & EnvironmentNotebooksChildren & Teenagers / Young Adults > Picture Books & Early LearningFiction > Contemporary Women's Fiction DramaWesternBargains > Kids and TeensNon-Fiction > Literature, Poetry & PlaysTelevision4K Ultra HD | DramaMartial ArtsSociety & Social SciencesNon-Fiction > Social Services & WelfareForeignMiscellaneous Items > Calendars, Diaries, Journals, Stationery ItemsStage MusicalsFiction > General Fiction