Kogan started out in serial entrepreneur Ruslan Kogan's parent's garage in 2006, with a small range of LCD TVs being sold direct to the Australian public at unheard of prices.
Since then the company has become one of the most talked about and visited online retail destinations in Australia and around the world. With international expansion, new product lines, and world-first innovations, Kogan now services all consumer technology needs. We believe technology can make the world a better place, and we are here to make the latest technology more affordable for everyone.
In achieving this goal, Kogan has won countless awards and accolades, including:
- BRW 2010/2011 Fast 100 - one of the fastest growing companies in Australia
- Australian Retailer's Association Retail Innovator of the Year
- Deloitte Tech Fast 50
- BRW 2009/2010 Fast Starters
Kogan is on a rapid growth path, and we're always looking to hire the greatest bright, enthusiastic individuals to join our highly talented team.
If you have:
- A passion for technology
- Great computer skills
- Problem solving ability
- Experience with shopping online
- Internet research skills
Then we probably have a job you would be very excited about. Send your resume and a cover letter introducing yourself to email@example.com.
Do you want to accelerate your career and join one of the fastest growing companies in Australia?
Kogan.com is a pioneer of the Australian online retail industry and is now Australia’s largest online retailer. In just over six years, Kogan.com has sold more than 2 million products direct to consumers. Kogan is Australia’s only international consumer electronics brand, and the number one selling Australian-owned LED and LCD TV brand.
Kogan’s close knit team of independent thinkers and doers has demonstrated that its possible to take lots of market share from established competitors, and have a heap of fun at the same time.
At the forefront of technology, the company is home to dynamic high-performance team and a unique company culture where everyone challenges each other to do better, and where suits are a thing of the past.
Excellent design is essential to excellent marketing; especially online marketing.
We are looking for an experienced digital marketer with strong design skills to take every aspect of Kogan’s visual appearance to the next level.
You will use your developed marketing skills and talented design abilities to take charge of how Kogan is perceived visually while ensuring the Kogan brand shines through into all aspects of how the company and its products are presented - both online and offline.
Combining design with a perfectly crafted marketing message is second nature to you. With a strong background in digital marketing, you know exactly how to use design to achieve a marketing objective.
Your designs will have a strong influence on customer purchase decisions and increase conversion rates, and you know exactly how to combine text and graphics for optimum online sales results.
What We Offer
- A dynamic and high-performance culture
- Unlimited ability to grow within a company where advancement is based on merit
- Exposure to the latest in consumer electrical products and gadgets
- Modern, comfortable offices within 15 minutes walk of Melbourne's CBD
- Demonstrated success in digital marketing
- Outstanding design abilities
- Strong skills in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- A deep understanding of technology products and how to sell them
- Ability to self manage, with strong organisational and planning skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Comfortable tackling new and complex challenges
- At ease working in an extremely fast paced environment which is frequently deadline driven
- Ability to work autonomously or in a team as required
- A highly energetic and motivated approach, with a “work hard, play hard” attitude
- Illustration / drawing skills
- Bachelor’s degree in design
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing
Submit a design meeting the below hypothetical brief:
“Kogan has just manufactured a new action video camera (http://www.kogan.com/au/buy/kogan-full-hd-action-camera-black-edition/) and wants to advertise this on the home page. Create a banner which will link to the product page enticing visitors to click through and purchase the product. You will need to determine the best message to present as well as the best way to present this message.”
Accompanying your design, please provide some notes that explain:
- the overall design aim
- why you selected the key message
- annotations showing the reasoning behind your composition.
Send an email with your cover letter, CV, design, and any other relevant pieces from you design portfolio to: kelly(at)kogan.com.au
Your application is a chance to show us how well you can use your marketing and design abilities to sell a customer. If you can sell us, then you’re in!